Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Re: Dreams

Ever have.... Chase dreams, Falling dreams, Naked dreams, Flying dreams?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Nope... but I have heard of "Wet Dream"!

It was April the forty-first, Being a quadruple leap year
    I was driving in downtown Atlantis, My barracuda was in the shop
    So I was in a rented stingray, And it was overheating

So I pulled into a Shell Station, They said I'd blown a seal
    I said, "Fix the damn thing, And leave my private life out of it
    Okay pal?"

While they were doing that
    I walked over to a place called the Oyster Bar, a real dive
    But I knew the owner, He used to play for the Dolphins
    I said "Hi Gil", You have to yell, he's hard of herring

Think I had a wet dream, Cruisin' thru the Gulf Stream
    Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh, Wet dream

Gil was also down on his luck, Fact is he was barely keeping his head below water
    I bellied up to the sandbar, He poured me the usual

Rusty snail, hold the grunion, Shaken not stirred
    With a peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich on the side, Heavy on the mako

I slipped him a fin, On porpoise
    I was feeling good, I even dropped a sand dollar in the box for Jerry's squids
    For the halibut, Well the place was crowded
    We were packed in like sardines They were all there to listen to the big band sounds of Tommy Dorsal, What sole

Tommy was rockin' the place with a very popular tuna, Salmon Chanted Evening
    And the stage was surrounded by screaming groupers, Probably there to see the bass player

One of them was this cute little yellowtail, And she's giving me the eye
    So I figured this is my chance for a little fun, You know, piece of Pisces

But she said things I just couldn't fathom, She was too deep, seemed to be under a lot of pressure
    Boy, could she drink, She drank like a . . . She drank a lot

I said "What's your sign", She said "Aquarium"
    I said "Great, let's get tanked"

I invited her to my place for a midnight bait, I said "Come on baby, it'll only take a few minnows"
    She threw me that same old line, "Not tonight, I gotta haddock"

And she wasn't kidding either, Cause in came the biggest, meanest looking haddock
    I'd ever seen come down the pike, He was covered with mussels

He came over to me and said, "Listen, shrimp, don't you come trollin' around here"
    What a crab, This guy was steamed, I could see the anchor in his eyes

I turned to him, I said, "A-balone, you're just being shellfish"
    Well, I knew it was going to be trouble and so did Gil
    ‘Cause he was already on the phone to the cods

The haddock hits me with a sucker punch, I catch him with a left hook
    He eels over, It was a fluke but there he was
    Lying on the deck, flat as a mackerel, Kelpless

I said "Forget the cods Gil, This guy's gonna need a sturgeon"
    Well, the yellowtail was impressed with the way I landed her boyfriend
    She came over to me, she said, "Hey, big boy, you're really a game fish
    What's your name", I said "Marlin"

Well, from then on we had a whale of a time
    I took her to dinner, I took her to dance, I bought her a bouquet of flounders
    And then I went home with her, And what did I get for my trouble
    A case of the clams

Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 02-06-2007 at 08:53 PM.

I usually fall right into an undisturbed sleep and wake up without any knowledge of what my dreams have been.

However, when I was a kid my sleep was much less regular. I remember a lot of weird ones from back then, especially this recurring one where I was trying to toss a HUGE beachball. It was about the size of a car. I'd have it about once a month.

When I was a firefighter I had some recurring dreams- probably related to anxiety. There is a heck of a lot of peer pressure and hazing of newbies in firehouses which made me worry constantly that I'd make stupid mistakes. Not to mention the fact that some mistakes in firefighting can be very bad, indeed. Anyway, my dream was of jumping off the tailboard of an engine, running to the hydrant and realizing that I didn't have a wrench. Meanwhile, the truck is speeding down the road towards the scene and there is no way to give it any water.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Interesting topic. I had a friend whose PhD dissertation was on dreams and it was ultimately published as a book. She had studied Jungian theory and the book was on Community Dreams. You can see more on the book at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Community-Drea...e=UTF8&s=books

I had an interest in the book because my wife and our kids were part of her study, as well as our church community. I can remember a couple of instances where we had some community dream nights with no input whatsoever other than write down whatever dreams you remember that night. Several times folks had dreams with similar elements. It was amazing.

I used to have dreams that I'd show up in class and we were having an exam and I didn't know anything about it.

Or that I was still in high school, even though I know I'd already graduated.

I also have a couple of "dream houses" where I live in my dreams (not spectacular mansions or anything). Always the same houses, never my own. Some of these dreams are incredibly vivid.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I used to have dreams that I'd show up in class and we were having an exam and I didn't know anything about it.

I have those types of dreams alot.

While being a heavy sleeper, my dreams are very, very vivid. Sometimes, so much so, that I wake up exasuted seemingly because of all the activity in my dreams.

Normally, I never cannot remember the details of my dreams any longer than the first 5 minutes or so that elapse after I awaken from them....However, the wierdest dream I ever had in my life occurred when I was about five years old and I have never forgotten it.

In this dream, I was playing with my sisters in the mildewy basement of the first home where I was raised. Suddenly, Count Dracula crashed our party and decided he would exact his terrible torture on us all:

He forced us to eat small wooden bingo chips.

Put that one in your pipe and smoke it, Sigmund.

I also get those dreams frequently. Sometimes, they also manifest themselves into major projects/deadlines at work that I had forgotten about.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

That happened to me for real one time. Had a 97 average going into the final and thought it was during exam week but the teacher made it the last day of class. That was an awkward conversation but she let me take it the next morning.

The people in my dreams have no faces.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    that's beyond creepy.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Jacobs Ladder Much?

I also have a couple of "dream houses" where I live in my dreams (not spectacular mansions or anything). Always the same houses, never my own. Some of these dreams are incredibly vivid.
    My mom says that she has two re-occurring dreams in which she wakes up in a cold sweat. The first one is that she can't find me or my sisters (when we were kids). The second one is that she is in high school, the bell rings, and she can't get her locker open.

More chase dreams... one in particular that I had all through my school years. Some guy, shaved or very short haircut, weird eyes and an evil grin would chase me around (never caught me). When I first saw Men at Work's video for "Who Can It Be Now" I left out a silent scream... Colin Hay looked so much like the guy that chased me! Even now when I hear the song I get a flashback...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

This has happened in my dreams. It's not always the case, but it's happened. And I'm usually terrified when it does.

My dreams are sepia-toned, not colored, exactly.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Falling dreams are the worst. I immediately shoot straight up out of bed when I have them.

In highschool, I fell asleep in my desk during a math class and I ended up having one of them. I jumped up and banged my knees on the underside of the desk. That one took a while to live down.

Sometimes I'll have a dream where I'm trying extremely hard to do something, but I just can't seem to do it. Never anything complex either. It will be something like turning a certain way, but I just can't seem to do it no matter how much energy I put into it.

Turn Off Ads?