Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Critique

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl Critique

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    The Bears have to be the favorite in the NFC going into next season right now, there's nobody really close to them.
    The Bears had the advantage of playing in an awful division this year. They got a bit lucky (which all teams must get to win in the NFL). They won in a fashion similar to the Ravens when they won it all a few years back (defense special teams, very inconsistent offense).

I don't see them repeating as NFC champions. They really aren't that good, IMO.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    New Orleans will be good again next year. If they can get some help in Free Agency they will be even better. Joe Horn will be back too.
    I wonder whether their defense will hold up for another season. They were a fun team to watch, but it looked like they were getting by defensively with a lot of smoke and mirrors.

The team in the NFC to watch next year is the Eagles. Before McNabb got hurt this year, that team looked like it was going to roll just about everyone in the world.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    New Orleans will be good again next year. If they can get some help in Free Agency they will be even better. Joe Horn will be back too.
    Some are saying the Saints may ask Joe Horn to renegotiate (take a pay cut), which I believe will be a mistake.

And CE, I agree about the defense, and the O-line, too. Both performed beyond expectations. Of course, so did the whole team.

Starting QB for the 2007 Chicago Bears: Jeff Garcia.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Or Byron Leftwich.

I was waiting for Sheena Easton to come out with Prince.

Congratulations Naptown. Your Colts are Worlds Champs.

BTW - Hey, Baltimore. Remember when Modell held the Lombardi Trophy? Sucks with it being in the hands of an Irsay, huh? Turnabout is fair play.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I don't know if there has ever been a worst quarterback in the Super Bowl.
    These guys are certainly in the discussion if you're talking awful in the absolute sense:

Rich Gannon - SB 37

Kerry Collins - SB 35

Neil O'Donnell - SB 30

Elway had absolutely miserable games in SB 22 & SB 24. Craig Morton (4/15 w/ 4 Ints) in SB 12 has quite possibly the worst QB line in any Super Bowl.

Don't know, ask a Eagles fan and most will jump in and say Jaworski was the worst QB in any Super Bowl.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

I think it's a bit much to pile this onto Grossman's shoulders.
    The offensive coordinator kept him under wraps until it was too late.
    The interception for a touchdown was his fault(at least the interception part, how does no body tackle Hayden?)
    But the second pick was him throwing deep out of necessity.
    I think if you pick his stats versus most quarterbacks playing from behind in the Super Bowl, you won't see many great performances.

I blame the Chicago defense. They couldn't get off the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Starting QB for the 2007 Chicago Bears: Jeff Garcia.
    Aw come on now Dabvu, the Bears fans are down enough.
    Why do you need to pile on like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The team in the NFC to watch next year is the Eagles. Before McNabb got hurt this year, that team looked like it was going to roll just about everyone in the world.
    They were 5-4 when he got hurt - they too won with a lot of smoke and mirrors. Their defense is no where near it was when they were a threat and they still have no receivers (Stallworth is always gonna disappear at least 6 games every year. Its why the Saints got rid of him)

The team to watch next year is the Saints. And maybe the Panthers. And the Seahawks.

The Bears will have the super bowl loser meltdown I think.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

For a Level Playing Field

On WLW this morning they said that the odds were out for next year's champion. IIRC they said Indy and San Diego were the top 2. Tied for 3rd (10-to-1 odds) are the Bengals, Bears & Pats.

Marvin Lewis should take a long look at how the Colts do things. The Colts have had a few minor flare ups but over all they have good players who are also good citizens. Chris Henry, Odell Thurman, and the like would not have been drafted by the Colts who value character as well as ability. The Colts are a class organization the Bengals if they were smart would follow thier lead. I am proud to be a Colts fan.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Rex Grossman is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Rex Grossman is awful.
    OK - who let that cat out of the bag?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?