Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Bowl Advertising

Re: Super Bowl Advertising

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    One thing I noticed is that all the Coke ads featured Coke in a glass bottle.

I wish!

(Yes, I know they still sell it in the little bottles as a novelty at about $5 a six pack.)

Soda and milk. Two things that tastes better from a glass bottle.

I guess I'm old too. Humbug!
    Nothing tastes better than coca-cola from the bottle

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Sorry if I am raining on anyone's parade...but what a underwhelming Super Bowl on sunday....and to top it off the commercials were lackluster too...I didnt find any of the commercials entertaining or having any "wow" factor except for the Letterman/Oprah promo....I cant believe that the rating was so high for the game...apparently the third highest super bowl of all time...amazing...

I thought it would get good ratings since Peyton is a Madison Avenue sweetheart and the Bears always have a good following but I didn't think it would be that good. It was actually the 2nd highest rated Super Bowl ever and the 3rd highest rated TV show of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

thanks for the correction, Chip R....that makes it even more amazing that it was second all time...especially when you consider the Steeler/Cowboy rivalries...I especially liked the footage of the Colts riding thru Indy during the celebration parade....the crowds must have been one or two deep--(I know, I know, it was cold and 40000 showed up at the dome)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    thanks for the correction, Chip R....that makes it even more amazing that it was second all time...especially when you consider the Steeler/Cowboy rivalries...I especially liked the footage of the Colts riding thru Indy during the celebration parade....the crowds must have been one or two deep--(I know, I know, it was cold and 40000 showed up at the dome)
    I was there, the crowds outside were bigger than that, I didn't really see much of what they showed on tv. It was 2 degrees with a wind chill of -11 though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    My favorite was actually the Car-r-r-r-r-ne Asada ad from Taco Bell. Like Ricardo Montalban. Ricardo Montalban? followed by Ricardo Montalban's unmistakable voice. C'mon, it was funny! Lighten up!
    I just saw that one again, and while I hate that they got me with another stupid talking animals ad, I'll admit that they did get me. It was stupid, but funny stupid.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I thought the Garmin commercial was a amusing, but apparently according to USA Today not many others did.

Shows what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    My favorite was the Bud Light hitchhiker one.

"But he has a chainsaw!"

I was cracking up at that.
    I liked that one, one of the few I cared for.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    I thought the Garmin commercial was a amusing, but apparently according to USA Today not many others did.

Shows what I know.
    That was probably my second favorite so you're not alone.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

It was a bad year as far an entertainment value, but there were a few that were good product advertisements. The problem when the focus is on entertainment and not effective advertising, it winds up being waste of money. My guess is there has been directives the past couple of years to still try to be funny, but making sure they stay on message. Sometimes it's hard to do both.

For entertainment value only, I liked Turkey Neck and the Lions saying "Carne Asada."
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?