Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reds of the near future!.!.!.

redsgabp

reds of the near future!.!.!.

I will admit before I had read that Harang was signed to a 4 year contract, that I was starting to think the Reds might not be playing to win.

I understand that we dont have top market money, but castellini does seem to want to win with this harang deal.

You use to look at the reds and be amazed at the POWER we had.
    But we couldn't always put up 10 runs a game and get a win.

We were the reds that had the power but we didn't have the pitchers.

-------------------------

Now we are starting to get a decent core of players all around.

we will have
    Harang / 4 to 5+ more years

Arroyo / this season and next season. I hope he starts to like cincinnati!!!

Bailey / only the future can tell how bright this guy can shine. but he looks like a future all-star in the seasons to come.

and I even like a few guys from that dreaded bullpen.
    Coffey / was lights out last year as a set-up man.

Bray / I think he will make a good closer one day and at worst be another A+
    guy like Coffey from the pen.

Majewski / wasn't really given a chance for us last year being injured, but I think he will be another guy from the pen that will be a better option than david weathers.
    ---------------------------------------

I wonder who we can sign as a free agent for 10 mil a year next year?
    because with miltons 10 mil gone after this season, I think we may get another A+ pitcher!

Oh yes there is other talent that is awesome like Edwin Encarnacion, Brandon Phillips, and Ryan Freel

and if dunns new batting coach can help keep the so down!

Oh to be a reds fan with some hope again!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: reds of the near future!.!.!.

Players that are going to be on the 25 man roster in 2010:

Starting Line-Up:
    OF Jay Bruce
    OF Chris Denorfia
    OF Ryan Freel
    1B Joey Votto
    2B Brandon Phillips
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    SS ____________
    C ____________

CL Bill Bray
    RP Gary Majewski
    RP Todd Coffey
    RP Matt Belisle
    RP ___________
    RP ___________
    RP ___________

SP Aaron Harang
    SP Homer Bailey
    SP Johnhy Cueto
    SP Travis Wood
    SP Elizardo Ramirez

Bench
    C ___________
    OF Drew Stubbs
    IF Milton Loo

lines are positions that I think will be filled by free agents, not internally

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post

Starting Line-Up:
    OF Jay Bruce
    OF Chris Denorfia
    OF Ryan Freel
    1B Joey Votto
    2B Brandon Phillips
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    SS ____________
    C ____________

CL Bill Bray
    RP Gary Majewski
    RP Todd Coffey
    RP Matt Belisle
    RP ___________
    RP ___________
    RP ___________

SP Aaron Harang
    SP Homer Bailey
    SP Johnhy Cueto
    SP Travis Wood
    SP Elizardo Ramirez

Bench
    C ___________
    OF Drew Stubbs
    IF Milton Loo

lines are positions that I think will be filled by free agents, not internally
    hmmmm.

a guy named adam dunn and you dont have yourself in that line-up?

i for one like adam dunn.
    i know he can have a hole in the glove once in a while.

but with freel in center, that will help dunns d.

see if the new guy can help keep dunns SO, down.

Dunn can be a big building block and he's still young.
    give him some time before everyone gives up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by redsgabp View Post
    hmmmm.

a guy named adam dunn and you dont have yourself in that line-up?

i for one like adam dunn.
    i know he can have a hole in the glove once in a while.

but with freel in center, that will help dunns d.

see if the new guy can help keep dunns SO, down.

Dunn can be a big building block and he's still young.
    give him some time before everyone gives up on him.
    I love adam dunn (see my s/n). But I don't think he'll be around unless he corrects his strike out problem and ups his production some more. This was a bad year for Dunn. Unless he hits in 110 RBI's this season and bats higher than .250 and an OBP around .380, I don't see the Red's renewing his contract. Especially if Jay Bruce is coming up fast.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I just dont think it would be smart to sign Dunn to another contract. When his current one is up, he is probably going to be thinking "this is the time to sign a big contract and set me up for life". By the time that happens, he will be 30 and probably heading to the downside of his career, but he will be paid for what he has done in the past and he probably wont produce like he did. in this market, we cant afford players like that.

I thought "reds of the near future" was going to be a post about Minnesota players that had recently been released.

Starting Line-Up:
    OF Jay Bruce
    OF Chris Denorfia
    OF Ryan Freel
    If a 26 year old Stubbs can't outplay a 35 year old Freel, then I'll be very mad at Wayne Krivsky.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    If a 26 year old Stubbs can't outplay a 35 year old Freel, then I'll be very mad at Wayne Krivsky.
    I just don't think Stubbs can play, period. He can't hit. I think he'll be like a Alex Sanchez or a Joey Gathright, just with good defense, more power (when he hits the ball), and more strikeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I just dont think it would be smart to sign Dunn to another contract. When his current one is up, he is probably going to be thinking "this is the time to sign a big contract and set me up for life". By the time that happens, he will be 30 and probably heading to the downside of his career, but he will be paid for what he has done in the past and he probably wont produce like he did. in this market, we cant afford players like that.
    If Adam Dunn isn't set for life now, then he has fools for financial and legal advisors. I can't foresee the future, but I'd expect Dunn not to be on his downside at 30. I remember the club saying that about a guy named Robinson and he was fairly productive after that age. I don't see why that can't be the case with Dunn. I don't know what Obi Wan Pecoata says about that, but I'll take my chances with Dunn.

Freel is a free agent after this season.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Freel is a free agent after this season.
    And he'll be 34 in 2010. I think it's doubtful that Freel is a significant player here, if he's here at all.

And certainly you can't conjecture for free agents or players acquired in trades, if Dunn's not here, we better have something to show for it playing for us in 2010!

[QUOTE=AdamDunn;1238417]Players that are going to be on the 25 man roster in 2010:

Bench
    C ___________
    OF Drew Stubbs
    IF Milton Loo

QUOTE]

Why do you think Stubbs will be on the bench? Have you lost that much faith in him after one season? I really hope you are wrong, but you may be right. He could be a glorified Herm Winningham on the 2010 team... even though Herm is my all-time favorite fourth outfielder, I hate to see a #8 overall pick go that way.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

[QUOTE=RedEye;1238939]
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post

Bench
    C ___________
    OF Drew Stubbs
    IF Milton Loo

QUOTE]

Why do you think Stubbs will be on the bench? Have you lost that much faith in him after one season? I really hope you are wrong, but you may be right. He could be a glorified Herm Winningham on the 2010 team... even though Herm is my all-time favorite fourth outfielder, I hate to see a #8 overall pick go that way.
    I never had faith to begin with. Honestly, if you can't put the bat on the ball in low A ball, there's not much hope... especially if you're a college player.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    If Adam Dunn isn't set for life now, then he has fools for financial and legal advisors. I can't foresee the future, but I'd expect Dunn not to be on his downside at 30. I remember the club saying that about a guy named Robinson and he was fairly productive after that age. I don't see why that can't be the case with Dunn. I don't know what Obi Wan Pecoata says about that, but I'll take my chances with Dunn.
    Lets be fair here, Frank Robinson was a lot better than Adam Dunn is. Not a slight on Dunn, but Robinson is an all time great.

Dont think stubbs would be on the bench at all. No poss.
    At this time, stubbs will be 24-25 and will not be our 4th OF. He will either be starting in MLB, starting in AAA (for 1st half of season), or traded "for a change of scenery" as he is a 3rd overall pick if he doesn't seem to project to start, someone will believe they can fix him. So no he will not be on the 2010 bench. Also Freel will definately not be here, as I love him as a player, he will probably become a drifter after this season, and as he will be 35, the only chance that he will be here is if he came back for a one year hiatus to plug a hole.
    We can add Bronson to that list!

Turn Off Ads?