Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Redszone Poster Do You Most Relate To?

Which Redszone Poster Do You Most Relate To?

I always find myself intrigued on Redszone. I find myself looking for certain poster's reactions to different threads. It got me thinking. I tend to relate to a certain number of Redszone members for different reasons, but if I had to choose one member, whose posts do I most align with. Here goes...

M2 If I want a well grounded opinion on things, I look for M2. To be honest, I am more of an optimist than he is, but he is well informed, keeps his thoughts grounded in reality, and almost always makes sense, (without tearing anyone down, I might add!)

Falls City Beer There is almost no middle ground. I either find myself totally agreeing with him, or in many cases, totally at odds with his way of seeing things.

Redsmetz I guess it would be Redsmetz that I seem to align closely with. On almost every post, I see it the "Redsmetz"way!

Who do you see yourself most indentifying with on Redszone?
    "Just shut up and play baseball"...Mike Piazza

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Which Redszone Poster Do You Most Relate To?

Amusing idea for a thread.

I would say in all the years I've been here, Red Leader & Johnny Footstool are the two that seem to read my mind. If we're not on the same page, we're in the ballpark anyway. Eric in IL and I have chatted via PM and at the ballpark and we're right in the same thought process as well.

I really do enjoy all the divergent thoughts & opinions here though. I find the passionate debate & difference of opinion healthy and at times enlightening.

If I would pick a poster who's complete unlike me in every way, I would say its RFS. He's really old and decrepit, unlike myself, uses a walker & heavily relies on Depends undergarments to make it thru the day. Plus, I don't need to pretend I have the skills to play golf like said individual- I actually contain such skills.

RFS is what any Redleg fan aspires to be. I'd like to say I'm most like him, but, too often, I'm snarky. RFS is the anti-snark.

Most unlike me? De La Hoz, or redsupport these days, I think.

I rarely disagree with anything posted by RFS62 and Randy in CHAR NC, so I guess I "relate" best with them.
    GAC posts a lot that I agree with, although I would rarely go on and on and on and on about it.
    M2 probably offers the most concise and well thought out commentaries around.
    WOY and Cyclone provide statistical anaylsis far better than most published works.
    FCB is always ready to provide the "glass is empty and broken" viewpoint when others somehow think that two drops in the glass means it is full to overflowing.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I've seemed to notice in my short time here that Redsmetz and I are both usually hopefully optimistic in our postings.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post

If I would pick a poster who's complete unlike me in every way, I would say its RFS. He's really old and decrepit, unlike myself, uses a walker & heavily relies on Depends undergarments to make it thru the day. Plus, I don't need to pretend I have the skills to play golf like said individual- I actually contain such skills.
    I really must speak up to defend my good friend RFS from the above attack and its unfounded accusations.
    I understand that RFS does actually have some golfing skills.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I really must speak up to defend my good friend RFS from the above attack and its unfounded accusations.
    I can speak for this as well. RFS is a legit single-digit handicap.

As for me, I rarely disagree with jmcclain19, rdiersin, and cyclone.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I probably enjoy reading FCB's posts the most, and only wish I could generate the obscure literary and philosophical references that he does. I also can't bring myself to be quite that negative...MOST of the time.

Vaticanplum is pretty close to my thinking, too. She also knows more about baseball than 99% of the guy friends I've ever had. Whereas I'm merely happy when my wife recognizes the name of a Reds player. ("Adam Dunn...he hits all of those hime runs, right?" or "Eric Milton, you don't like him, do you?")
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Krono, because he's a sexy beast just like me.

I'm not a snappy dresser like Puffy, or a snappy mouth like redsland, or a lady like vaticanplum.

The only thing Red Leader and I agree on is Reds baseball. We have high schools and college rivalries that are too mean.

GAC, Boyds and I are the Browns Backers.

I'm not as sexy as Raisor.

I don't have a cool car like Krono.

I just have a little piece of everyone. Call me diverse. But don't call me late to dinner.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I'm not as sexy as Raisor.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Only Krono comes close.

You're sexy enough for a regular person. Us male supermodel types are the exception, not the rule.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

RFS for sure. I want to be cool like him all the time.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post

I understand he also has nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills and computer hacking skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I relate to lots of people. I think that's why I enjoy this place so much.

As far as Red's baseball goes, the people I most identify with are: M2, Johnny Footstool, Cyclone, and jmmclain. There are many other posters I identify with as well, but maybe not almost everytime like those listed above.

As far as life goes, the people I most identify with are Johnny Footstool and Roy Tucker. I someday aspire to be the Dad, the husband, and the overall good person that Roy Tucker is. I'm working on getting there, but still have a lot to learn and some work to do.

As far as humor goes: Puffy, pedro, woy, Johnny Footstool, and Redsland seem to share my sense of humor. The humor they project is the type of humor I find incredibly hilarious.

As far as Red's baseball goes I think the person I am polar opposite from is GAC. There aren't too many posts by him on the Reds that I find myself agreeing with. That's not neccessarily a bad thing. I'm not saying that "my" way is always the right way. There are many ways to look at a problem and even more ways to fix the problem. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

As for sports, my polar opposite is Heath. He likes Northmont, I'm a Centerville grad. He likes Akron, I'm a Kent St. grad. He likes Ohio St., I'm a big Michigan fan. I'll bet that Heath was pulling for Joe Montana and the 49ers as a kid. He probably also cheers against Takeru Kobayashi at Nathan's as well.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post

... RFS. He's really old and decrepit, unlike myself, uses a walker & heavily relies on Depends undergarments to make it thru the day.
    Did he drive across country to abduct an astronaut? That's gotta be worth something.

Anyway, I probably identify with the folks who have been around RZ the longest. That's not to say that I won't develop an affinity for those who have less tenure. It's more like the long timers are family to me- we went through the dark ages of Cinci.com together, we endured Richard Hand and a whole group of crazies, and many of us are maybe a little older. Not like RFS. Jeez, that guy's got lint in his belly button older than me. But there is a certain connection I feel to those who grew up with the Reds of the 60's and 70's, like I did. RFS remembers them, too...but he also remembers going to the Palace of the Fans and has this great story about stealing Dolf Luque's girlfriend.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?