Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: I don't drink coffee...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,450

    I don't drink coffee...

    But if there was one of these places where I lived, I think I'd start.

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...egirls22e.html

    Pictures here:

    http://www.greenllama.net/blog/2007/...irls-espresso/
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. #2
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,645

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    I think I'd lose my train of thought before I finished my order:

    "I need a venti nonfat no whip....

    ...you know, better maket that an iced."
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  3. #3
    Zoinks!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    575

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Oh boy would I be jittery

  4. #4
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,261

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Nice. It looks like one of the baristas shops for work clothes at Archie McPhee.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  5. #5
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,395

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Careful around the steamer ladies.

    Here in Bloomington, our Baristas tend to look more like this:
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  6. #6
    Member harangatang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,551

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Careful around the steamer ladies.

    Here in Bloomington, our Baristas tend to look more like this:
    I can only imagine the reaction of a screener at an airport if she was flying.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    I can only imagine the reaction of a screener at an airport if she was flying.
    Airport!?! She don't need no stinkin' airport! She's already flyin'!

    Rem

  8. #8
    Member dman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio
    Posts
    1,385

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    I'll stick with my addiction to Caribou Coffee. It's a little tough on my wallet, but a lot less strenuous on my marriage.

  9. #9
    Just The Big Picture macro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    6,150

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    I've got a buddy in Redmon, WA. I sent him the link, just in case he's in the mood for a cup.

  10. #10
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,395

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I've got a buddy in Redmon, WA. I sent him the link, just in case he's in the mood for a cup.
    A cup...you mean a C cup.

    Couldn't resist.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  11. #11
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,674

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    They had a spot on this on the evening news the other night. And a feminist group was boycotting the store and saying it should be stopped. It was a degrading and deplorable depiction of women.

    Now I know for a fact that there are some darn good looking, and down right beuatiful, feminist out there (am I a sexist pig for even saying that?).... so why is it that every time I see a situation like this on TV, and where a feminist is interviewed, they look like Rodney Dangerfield with breasts?

    I'm sorry, but they are having a hard time winning their case.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  12. #12
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,794

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    They had a spot on this on the evening news the other night. And a feminist group was boycotting the store and saying it should be stopped. It was a degrading and deplorable depiction of women.

    Now I know for a fact that there are some darn good looking, and down right beuatiful, feminist out there (am I a sexist pig for even saying that?).... so why is it that every time I see a situation like this on TV, and where a feminist is interviewed, they look like Rodney Dangerfield with breasts?

    I'm sorry, but they are having a hard time winning their case.
    It could be that journalists like playing to stereotypes.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  13. #13
    Zoinks!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    575

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    It could be that journalists like playing to stereotypes.

    Do you mean like when something happens in NKY (especially Newport) and they seek out a large toothless woman dressed in a house-dress, who may well be drunk, to give her version of what happens?...every freaking time!

  14. #14
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,794

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    Do you mean like when something happens in NKY (especially Newport) and they seek out a large toothless woman dressed in a house-dress, who may well be drunk, to give her version of what happens?...every freaking time!
    Exactly. It happens in Olathe, too. Whenever there's a crime, they seek out some addled, toothless stereotype to tell them that "the police just won't do anything".
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  15. #15
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,674

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    It could be that journalists like playing to stereotypes.
    Possibly. But the woman who was being interviewed was the head of the local chapter and acting as the spokesperson. So whose fault is it that she got on camera when attention was what she wanted?
    Last edited by GAC; 02-08-2007 at 08:31 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25