Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: I don't drink coffee...

  1. #16
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    "Cups n Muffins"
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,782

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    They had a spot on this on the evening news the other night. And a feminist group was boycotting the store and saying it should be stopped. It was a degrading and deplorable depiction of women.

    Now I know for a fact that there are some darn good looking, and down right beuatiful, feminist out there (am I a sexist pig for even saying that?).... so why is it that every time I see a situation like this on TV, and where a feminist is interviewed, they look like Rodney Dangerfield with breasts?

    I'm sorry, but they are having a hard time winning their case.
    It could be that journalists like playing to stereotypes.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  4. #18
    Zoinks!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    575

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    It could be that journalists like playing to stereotypes.

    Do you mean like when something happens in NKY (especially Newport) and they seek out a large toothless woman dressed in a house-dress, who may well be drunk, to give her version of what happens?...every freaking time!

  5. #19
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,214

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Do they have good coffee?

    Because that's all that really matters up here.

  6. #20
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Do they have good coffee?

    Because that's all that really matters up here.

    I don't think it matters that much at a place like that.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  7. #21
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,214

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I don't think it matters that much at a place like that.
    Bad coffee is a sin, I can ogle woman anywhere... getting the good cup of coffee is the goal.

  8. #22
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,782

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    Do you mean like when something happens in NKY (especially Newport) and they seek out a large toothless woman dressed in a house-dress, who may well be drunk, to give her version of what happens?...every freaking time!
    Exactly. It happens in Olathe, too. Whenever there's a crime, they seek out some addled, toothless stereotype to tell them that "the police just won't do anything".
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  9. #23
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,244

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Bad coffee is a sin, I can ogle woman anywhere... getting the good cup of coffee is the goal.
    Before I visited Seattle, I would have begged to differ. But after visiting some of the non-Starbucks coffeeshops in Seattle, I agree 100%. The babes are nice, but I wouldn't go there if their coffee is of lesser quality than other options. The sight of attractive women in lingerie is fleeting, but the taste of bad coffee can stay with you all day.

    I wish I could remember the name, but there was this independently-run place in West Seattle that was great.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  10. #24
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,766

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Yeah - I'd be Norm Peterson if I lived there.

    Puff!!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Before I visited Seattle, I would have begged to differ. But after visiting some of the non-Starbucks coffeeshops in Seattle, I agree 100%. The babes are nice, but I wouldn't go there if their coffee is of lesser quality than other options. The sight of attractive women in lingerie is fleeting, but the taste of bad coffee can stay with you all day.

    I wish I could remember the name, but there was this independently-run place in West Seattle that was great.
    I'd agree too. Was it by chance Caffe Vita? When my wife and I were in Seattle for our honeymoon I was in heaven, being a coffee addict.

    If some scantily clad women serve me chicken wings or something, I'd be ok with it, but coffeeshops are a solitary place in my book. A place for me to enjoy my coffee, book or paper, and my thoughts.

  12. #26
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,244

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    I'd agree too. Was it by chance Caffe Vita? When my wife and I were in Seattle for our honeymoon I was in heaven, being a coffee addict.

    If some scantily clad women serve me chicken wings or something, I'd be ok with it, but coffeeshops are a solitary place in my book. A place for me to enjoy my coffee, book or paper, and my thoughts.
    I don't think that was it, but there are so many great coffeeshops in Seattle. I had great coffee every day and not once did I go to a Starbucks, even though you can't "swing a dead cat" without hitting one.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  13. #27
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,214

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't think that was it, but there are so many great coffeeshops in Seattle. I had great coffee every day and not once did I go to a Starbucks, even though you can't "swing a dead cat" without hitting one.
    Starbucks is McCoffee in these parts.

    I'ma Peets guy myself, also like Stumptown

  14. #28
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,742

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Starbucks is McCoffee in these parts.

    I'ma Peets guy myself, also like Stumptown

    I just had some K&F

    http://kandfcoffee.com/
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  15. #29
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    It could be that journalists like playing to stereotypes.
    Possibly. But the woman who was being interviewed was the head of the local chapter and acting as the spokesperson. So whose fault is it that she got on camera when attention was what she wanted?
    Last edited by GAC; 02-08-2007 at 08:31 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  16. #30
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    11,988

    Re: I don't drink coffee...

    I likes me some scantily clad wimmen, but at a coffee place? Please. It's like a topless McDonalds.

    Pay attention to the open sky


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25