Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why not chat??

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Why not chat??

I apologize if this has been brought up before...but how come more dont use the chat feature on this board...I think that would be a great idea...especially during broadcasts like say the "Hot Stove League" which comes up at 6:10 pm on WLW...if anyone cares; I'm going to hang out there during the show if anyone wants immediate Reds chat...if not, ok too.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    redsgabp

Re: Why not chat??

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    I apologize if this has been brought up before...but how come more dont use the chat feature on this board...I think that would be a great idea...especially during broadcasts like say the "Hot Stove League" which comes up at 6:10 pm on WLW...if anyone cares; I'm going to hang out there during the show if anyone wants immediate Reds chat...if not, ok too.
    good chat redsfan

hope other people can join as the season draws closer!

thanks to you, gabp and hippie07 as well for the chat...it was cool chatting reds with both of you...i too hope others can join as well...i like the immediacy of chat...so, if anyone is interested...lets get together next wednesday at 6pm during the "Hot Stove League"...though i will have to definitely be off by 7....it is Valentine's Day after all....and i will have to take my lovely wife to dinner....

I actually dislike the immediacy of chat for commentary on things that aren't happening in real time. It requires more active attention (I'm usually on at work while a file is processing) and it's hard to react to a topic in any depth before the subject changes.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Redsfan, many of us love chat and are in the room durring most every game. I can't pop in for hot stove league broadcasts as I am often traveling for business. And frankly, Chips reports fill in the blanks for me quite nicely.

Anyway, chat is a great place to intereact durring the game. It isn't everybody's cup of tea, but there's a bunch of great people who make it their home.

In previous seasons, I'm almost constantly in Chat during games.

However, with E.I. going DirecTV, I'll be forced to give mlb.tv a try.

I would think that would mean my computer will be preoccupied during games for my participation in Chat.

It will be a shame. I've always really enjoyed messing around in Chat during games.

Ltlabner and RedsManRick:

Dont get me wrong--I'm not criticizing those who would rather post--I just thought more would use the chat. I guess the few times I went on chat last season during games I didnt notice that great of a number of chatters...but hey, I could have gotten on too late or too early. I understand the point of having to give active attention, too....chat doesnt allow much for following other things...just thought I'd put the option out there if anyone was interested.

Gainesville Red: I'm ticked off about the EI situation as well, though for another reason--I switched cable companies last fall for the EI package--only to now see how Direct TV will be the sole provider...I am not too happy at MLB about this...

Ltlabner and RedsManRick:

Dont get me wrong--I'm not criticizing those who would rather post--I just thought more would use the chat. I guess the few times I went on chat last season during games I didnt notice that great of a number of chatters...but hey, I could have gotten on too late or too early. I understand the point of having to give active attention, too....chat doesnt allow much for following other things...just thought I'd put the option out there if anyone was interested.
    I guess my post wasn't clear. While some folks don't care for chat, I love it. I'm in there as often as possible durring games.

I think the chat attendence did go down a bit as the season wore on last year. Maybe some of the other chat regulars can confirm that, or that I am perhaps space crazy.

EDIT: My only complaint with chat (and it's not chat's fault in the least) is that the mlb.radio is on a delay. Therefore people in chat will be chearing/booing a particular play and I woln't hear it for about 15 seconds or so over the mlb.radio.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 02-07-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I guess my post wasn't clear. While some folks don't care for chat, I love it. I'm in there as often as possible durring games.

I think the chat attendence did go down a bit as the season wore on last year. Maybe some of the other chat regulars can confirm that, or that I am perhaps space crazy.
    No, i got your point---hope to see you in there during the season--just not during opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

EDIT: My only complaint with chat (and it's not chat's fault in the least) is that the mlb.radio is on a delay. Therefore people in chat will be chearing/booing a particular play and I woln't hear it for about 15 seconds or so over the mlb.radio.
    As the season goes, so does chat. If the Reds had maintained their top spot in the standings through September, there would have been two dozen in chat every night. But it's a long season and we all get a little worn down emotionally towards the end. I know I signed into chat less often in September than I did in May.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I have been here for like 2 years, I think, and I never even knew that existed. I feel like an idiot. Looks interesting might have to check it out sometime soon.

Turn Off Ads?