Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72

Thread: Libel in an internet blog

  1. #46
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,105

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Didn't the cops explain why the RO was filled?
    I'm always amazed how little protection there is in the system for the victim. Sad. Really sad.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,584

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Okay, I think I'm done with him now.

    Here's the skinny. His girlfriend messaged me Sunday night saying that she needed to get out and talk to someone because they had a huge argument, and she didn't feel safe there. I agreed to go and pick her up, and we met at a secure location that I made sure to scout in advance of our meeting time to be sure that he wouldn't be there waiting for me somewhere.

    We went to Wal-Mart and walked around talking for a couple hours, then on our way back, she decided that she was going to leave him. She asked me to wait at the secure location while she went and packed her things. I agreed to wait, and I waited four hours before I had to leave to get ready for work. When I got home from work, that is when I had the most recent threatening messages from him, and I tried to call over at his house to find out what he had done to her, but there was no answer. That's when I called the police, and they responded that she was okay, and informed me about the "temporary protection order". Well, from there, I wasn't comfortable with how things stood, so I called her mother.

    Her mom called her at his house, and she told her mom that she wanted to leave but he was blocking the door and refusing to let her go. Well, between her mom and another friend of ours, they managed to get her and all of her stuff out of his house, and she stayed her for a few days through the snowstorm, and is now with her sister.

    There's been a lot of talking, some listening, and even more talking going on over the last several days, but thankfully, at least she's safe, and she's not going back to him.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  4. #48
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,105

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Okay, I think I'm done with him now.

    Here's the skinny. His girlfriend messaged me Sunday night saying that she needed to get out and talk to someone because they had a huge argument, and she didn't feel safe there. I agreed to go and pick her up, and we met at a secure location that I made sure to scout in advance of our meeting time to be sure that he wouldn't be there waiting for me somewhere.

    We went to Wal-Mart and walked around talking for a couple hours, then on our way back, she decided that she was going to leave him. She asked me to wait at the secure location while she went and packed her things. I agreed to wait, and I waited four hours before I had to leave to get ready for work. When I got home from work, that is when I had the most recent threatening messages from him, and I tried to call over at his house to find out what he had done to her, but there was no answer. That's when I called the police, and they responded that she was okay, and informed me about the "temporary protection order". Well, from there, I wasn't comfortable with how things stood, so I called her mother.

    Her mom called her at his house, and she told her mom that she wanted to leave but he was blocking the door and refusing to let her go. Well, between her mom and another friend of ours, they managed to get her and all of her stuff out of his house, and she stayed her for a few days through the snowstorm, and is now with her sister.

    There's been a lot of talking, some listening, and even more talking going on over the last several days, but thankfully, at least she's safe, and she's not going back to him.

    WOW.. what an ordeal. You're a real trooper. Glad you are OK. Keep your head on a swivel.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  5. #49
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,960

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Dude, this guy sounds nuts, I don't think you are out of the woods yet. What is going to stop him from coming after you? Get a EPO. He lost his girlfriend....he might blame you. Not trying to scare you but this guy does not sound stable. I think it would be in your best interest to expect the worst, and be prepaired for it.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  6. #50
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,246

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Sava, follow some of the advice here. Please, go to the police, if we are getting the full story here, right now they need to hear your side of the story, in person, with your proof. This dude is a six pack of beer away from doing something stupid.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  7. #51
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,584

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Sava, follow some of the advice here. Please, go to the police, if we are getting the full story here, right now they need to hear your side of the story, in person, with your proof. This dude is a six pack of beer away from doing something stupid.
    Oh, I went to the police, and now neither he nor I are allowed near each other. Works for me.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  8. #52
    Pagan/Asatru Ravenlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Williamsburg, OH and the wilds.
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Dude, this guy sounds nuts...
    you don't know the %(*&^# half of it with him...
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop


    yes, this really is how we make our living.

  9. #53
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,584

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    you don't know the %(*&^# half of it with him...
    I'm sorry Rob, I don't know why he's now going after you...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  10. #54
    Pagan/Asatru Ravenlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Williamsburg, OH and the wilds.
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I'm sorry Rob, I don't know why he's now going after you...
    i think he might have just sent the same message to the first few people on your friends list, cause as far as i know, he doesn't know me.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop


    yes, this really is how we make our living.

  11. #55
    Member CougarQuest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Bright, Indiana USA
    Posts
    5,573

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I'm curious, if I went to the authorities, would I go to the authorities in my city, or in his city?

    Also, he's now made his profile private. I'd love to see what might be said on there now.
    Regarding the phone calls, your city.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  12. #56
    Member CougarQuest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Bright, Indiana USA
    Posts
    5,573

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Your saying that YOU called the police to fill a complaint against this guy and after they went to talk to him, they allowed HIM to file a temporary protection order against you?!?!? And when you talk to the police they didn't even listen to your taped phone calls or look at your evidence?!? WHAT?!? And you have never threatened this guy? The threatening phone call is a crime. Period.

    If what I typed is accurate, then call the police department and ask to speak to a Sergeant (or above) and request he/she respond and listen to your complaint and your taped evidence and copied MySpace item. Explain to him/her that what you are concerned about is your safety. Then ask him/her to review all the reports filed involving all parties and then explain to you how it is possible that he was allowed to file a temporary protection order against you. In fact, ask for a copy of all reports involving him/her/you for the past two months.

    Is the temporary protection order against you, cover him AND her?

    Without knowing the details and reading between the liines, I don't know how much I would trust HER either.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  13. #57
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,105

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest View Post
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Your saying that YOU called the police to fill a complaint against this guy and after they went to talk to him, they allowed HIM to file a temporary protection order against you?!?!? And when you talk to the police they didn't even listen to your taped phone calls or look at your evidence?!? WHAT?!? And you have never threatened this guy? The threatening phone call is a crime. Period.

    If what I typed is accurate, then call the police department and ask to speak to a Sergeant (or above) and request he/she respond and listen to your complaint and your taped evidence and copied MySpace item. Explain to him/her that what you are concerned about is your safety. Then ask him/her to review all the reports filed involving all parties and then explain to you how it is possible that he was allowed to file a temporary protection order against you. In fact, ask for a copy of all reports involving him/her/you for the past two months.

    Is the temporary protection order against you, cover him AND her?

    Without knowing the details and reading between the liines, I don't know how much I would trust HER either.

    CQ. Glad to see you follow up on this. I was so baffled by this I almost e-mailed you to read this post. I'm glad I'm not in Sava's shoes. At least my "problem" doesn't live here.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  14. #58
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,246

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest View Post
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Your saying that YOU called the police to fill a complaint against this guy and after they went to talk to him, they allowed HIM to file a temporary protection order against you?!?!? And when you talk to the police they didn't even listen to your taped phone calls or look at your evidence?!? WHAT?!? And you have never threatened this guy? The threatening phone call is a crime. Period.

    If what I typed is accurate, then call the police department and ask to speak to a Sergeant (or above) and request he/she respond and listen to your complaint and your taped evidence and copied MySpace item. Explain to him/her that what you are concerned about is your safety. Then ask him/her to review all the reports filed involving all parties and then explain to you how it is possible that he was allowed to file a temporary protection order against you. In fact, ask for a copy of all reports involving him/her/you for the past two months.

    Is the temporary protection order against you, cover him AND her?

    Without knowing the details and reading between the liines, I don't know how much I would trust HER either.
    This is my line of thinking as well.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  15. #59
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,584

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest View Post
    Is the temporary protection order against you, cover him AND her?

    Without knowing the details and reading between the liines, I don't know how much I would trust HER either.
    I was skeptical about her for a while, but after watching her for a bit while she was staying here with me, and in subsequent conversations, I pretty much trust her completely now.

    As for the TPO, my grandmother, who works for a different police department, says that I shouldn't be too worried about it, because it will keep him away from me as well. I still don't understand how he managed to get one against me when I did absolutely nothing to him, but that's neither here nor there, it's not the first time I've called that particular police department and have it turn around to bite me in the butt...actually, it's the third time now.

    I am curious about the TPO though, is this something that goes on my permanent record?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  16. #60
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,584

    Re: Libel in an internet blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    i think he might have just sent the same message to the first few people on your friends list, cause as far as i know, he doesn't know me.
    Nope, you were "lucky" in this respect brother.

    If you still talk to Dylan, be sure and mention this to him, because he told Dylan that he didn't send you any messages, same as he told Dylan that he never threatened me.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25