Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arroyo Signs 2-yr Extension

Arroyo Signs 2-yr Extension

per offical release from the Reds.

CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds and All-Star RHP Bronson Arroyo have agreed to terms on a 2-year contract extension through the 2010 season with a club option for 2011.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arroyo Signs 2-yr Extension

$$ ??? or are we stuck with Terms Not Disclosed.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

pending... presser at 12:30 pm.

I'm not as big of a fan of this one as the Harang move....depends a lot on the money.

I'm not sure now is the right time for an extention. It does, however put an end to the "he will leave here for Boston as soon as he can" talk.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

It's on Reds.com and I posted the release on ORG.

I need to know $$, I'm afraid.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

This could be very good....or very bad depending on the $$.

This is, on the other hand, a very good indicator of where this franchise is going. Bronson does not seem like a guy who's going to stick around through bad years. He's a guy who wants to win now because that's what he was used to in Boston.

Wayne Krivsky and Bob Castellini did a good job selling, and Bronson bought. That's a good sign.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

No, this is good, all good.

Castellini is making good on his promise, and he's spending the $ on guys who have produced, guys whom we want to remain here. And they're PITCHERS!!

For Arroyo's part, it looks like he decided Cincinnati suits him just fine.

Truly, I don't care about the money. I'd rather spend it on a known like Arroyo than Meche or Lilly. Salaries are only going to continue to rise. I certainly do not expect Arroyo to have another year like he did last year: if he does, it's a bonus. I expect him to be a 12-15 game winner, and throw over 200 innings every year. Arroyo's got a rubber arm, and he should be good for staying off the DL, as long as his rubber arm doesn't get abused.

I'm excited for the future.

Now, WK needs to bring in a RH bat...oh, and a closer.

For the next four years, including the buyout, the deal is for $33 million. The extension added $25 million in new money.

We basically paid $12.5 million/year for the two extra years.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT04/302080023

Please don't get me wrong I'm glad Bronson will be here for a few more years. Especially if he is able to maintain his current level of production. Man can you imagine if Homer delivers on his promise, a rotation of:

Harang
    Arroyo
    Bailey
    warm body
    slightly cold body

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat J View Post
    For the next four years, including the buyout, the deal is for $33 million. The extension added $25 million in new money.

We basically paid $12.5 million/year for the two extra years.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT04/302080023
    If this is the right numbers then that is an awesome deal for the Reds. Way to go

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I'm not sure now is the right time for an extention. It does, however put an end to the "he will leave here for Boston as soon as he can" talk.
    Include me in the group that is shocked by this. I honestly thought Bronson would never be shaken from a big city mentality and be willing to stay here beyond his 2 year commitment that he had left over from his Boston contract. But I am also very happy that he is willing to stay here. He may or may not be as successful in the coming years as he was this year but that doesnt take away from the idea that he signed this extension when his value is at the highest and his big city dreams would also be at their highest. I wonder who instigated this? Did he do it after the Harang singing?

Wait, are we sure we're talking about the Cincinnati Reds? What's going on down by the river?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Happy day!

Turn Off Ads?