Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anna Nicole Smith is dead

Re: Anna Nicole Smith is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Poor kid is going to hear some painful stuff......some probably untrue (yet, sadly, some if it will be true)
    Yeah, like: "So little girl, you were born in 2006? Hmmm, your mommy was once married to a man who was born in '05....as in 1905."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Sad. Very sad. I really feel for a child just born that will never get to really know his mother - except for he reads or others tell her. And it won't be good for the most part.
    And worse, the baby will likely be a football tossed back and forth in court until they sort out who the real dad is.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Word out of FL is cocaine overdose.

I think it's her ex-son-in-law killing his way back to his daddy's money. At least that's the prurient rumor I'm willing to believe at the moment.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think it's her ex-son-in-law killing his way back to his daddy's money. At least that's the prurient rumor I'm willing to believe at the moment.
    This is my gut hunch as well.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Do any of you think that her untimely death will give her a sort of mythical status along the lines of Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, John Belushi, Kurt Colbaine, etc? I don't mean to compare her celebrity status to those people necessarily, but I use them as examples of what I'm referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Do any of you think that her untimely death will give her a sort of mythical status along the lines of Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, John Belushi, Kurt Colbaine, etc? I don't mean to compare her celebrity status to those people necessarily, but I use them as examples of what I'm referring to.
    I don't know, but earlier Yahoo's headline was "Candle in the Wind."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I don't it's too far fetched to compare her to Marilyn Monroe. The similarities can be seen as eerie.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I don't it's too far fetched to compare her to Marilyn Monroe. The similarities can be seen as eerie.
    Looks-wise, sure. But I don't think Naked Gun 33 1/3 quite compares to Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, the Seven Year Itch, or Bus Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Looks-wise, sure. But I don't think Naked Gun 33 1/3 quite compares to Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, the Seven Year Itch, or Bus Stop.
    Well, I wasn't referring to their movie careers.

Both were married three times, both died in their mid to late 30s, both changed their names during their careers, both were rumored to have problems with alcohol and drugs...

Unfortunately yes. It's already started.

"She wanted to be like Marilyn her whole life and ironically died in a similar manner," Leeds told the site.
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 02-09-2007 at 07:19 AM.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I don't believe that she left a body of work that people will be referring to decades from now.
    James Dean gave three excellent performances in "East of Eden," "Rebel Without A Cause" and "Giant," with "Rebel" being a prophetic iconic film which foretold the era of teenage rebellion that was to fully develop about a decade later. Dean was an icon, romancing Natalie Wood and racing cars, dying at only age 24 while at the hieght of his fame.
    Marilyn Monroe lived a troubled life, but she too left a considerable volume of quality work, and was an icon to many. She married another American icon in Joe DiMaggio, and reportedly had affairs with numerous other celebrities, including yet another tragic icon in John F. Kennedy.
    John Belushi was not as great a figure, but the films he left us with, such as "Animal House" and "The Blues Brothers" at least had him as the central figure and are still loved by the generation for which they were made, although I have no idea as to how well they will be regarded by futurte generations. As for Colbaine, I realize he is an icon to many, but I just do not know enough about him.
    The film roles Anna Nicole Smith do not favorablyn compare with those of Dean and Monroe, nor do her romantic relationships.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

She was no Marylin Monroe. Marylin did at least have talent.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Well, I wasn't referring to their movie careers.

Both were married three times, both died in their mid to late 30s, both changed their names during their careers, both were rumored to have problems with alcohol and drugs...
    Both had decent movie carears, both had affairs with the president and the attorney general (who happened to be brothers and later on assinated), both married ballplayers, both went to war zones and entertained the troops.....

Oh wait.

La Dolce Vita

A comparison to Jayne Mansfield seems a bit more logical. Marilyn Monroe...that's a joke. Marilyn's rolling over in her grave.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?