Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Game Last Year

Best Game Last Year

For my first post on Redszone I'm curious, what was the best game at GABP last season? I gotta go with the only game I made it to (was living in Baton Rouge at the time) wher Valentin hit a pinch hit two-run walk off to beat the Diamondbacks. Good Times.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Best Game Last Year

Adam Dunn walk off grand slam followed closely by Ken Griffey Jr walk off HR his first day off the DL.
    It was amazing being at both.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Pallazzo View Post
    For my first post on Redszone I'm curious, what was the best game at GABP last season? I gotta go with the only game I made it to (was living in Baton Rouge at the time) wher Valentin hit a pinch hit two-run walk off to beat the Diamondbacks. Good Times.
    HEY! It's Enrico Pallazzo!

Yeah, I remember that game. I made the trip out for the weekend. Went Friday and Saturday. Sunday was hot as hell and we had seats right behind the on-deck circle. We were a little hungover and my wife didn't feel well due to the booze and heat and Arroyo's first inning debacle. So we left in about the 2nd or 3rd b/c they were getting beat up again and she was about to pass out.

Went back to the hotel and got her some water. Sat in the hotel for a bit and she started to feel better. The we went to the Taste of Cincy and on the way back we heard they won...she still hears it from me.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    HEY! It's Enrico Pallazzo!

Please tell me how you set the profile pic so I can make that one mine.
    Oh say does that flag banner wave / Over a-a-all that's free / And the home of the land / And the land of the - FREE!

Dunn's walk-off GS has to be it. I think they were down 7-0 going into the 8th. Kearns hit a HR, followed by a three run shot by Juan Castro, followed by the Indians making it an 8-4 game in the top of the 9th, and then the crazy ninth. Just watching on TV, I'm not sure I've ever seen a crowd go so bonkers for a regular season game.

Second would be the 11 inning game against the Brewers. Lizard and Villareal both were excellent and Dunn broke a 0-0 slugfest in the 11th with a monster blast. I was there, and it was truly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Yeah, I remember that game. I made the trip out for the weekend. Went Friday and Saturday. Sunday was hot as hell and we had seats right behind the on-deck circle. We were a little hungover and my wife didn't feel well due to the booze and heat and Arroyo's first inning debacle. So we left in about the 2nd or 3rd b/c they were getting beat up again and she was about to pass out.

Went back to the hotel and got her some water. Sat in the hotel for a bit and she started to feel better. The we went to the Taste of Cincy and on the way back we heard they won...she still hears it from me.
    Yeah I remember being pretty burnt that day and ticked at Arroyo, convinced my Dad to stay although my stepmom took off. Oh well.
    Oh say does that flag banner wave / Over a-a-all that's free / And the home of the land / And the land of the - FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Adam Dunn walk off grand slam followed closely by Ken Griffey Jr walk off HR his first day off the DL.
    It was amazing being at both.
    I agree with Griffey's for sure, being there myself as well.

Please tell me how you set the profile pic so I can make that one mine.
    Keep making quality posts and gain rep. Once your rep hits 200, you get pictures.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Keep making quality posts and gain rep. Once your rep hits 200, you get pictures.
    Sweet

I say August 9th, David Ross with walkoff homer in 9th to beat the Cards. I say this b/c I was there. Dunn w/the slam and Griffey vs the Nats and Cubs are up there too, but I wasn't there for those.

Headed South

**** living in Baton Rouge. I was driving home (Cincy) from South Bend, IN when Dunn hit his walkoff. Definitely the best game of the year.

Also I live in Baton Rouge now, and the town sucks. Ugh.

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

- e.b.

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone12 View Post
    **** living in Baton Rouge. I was driving home (Cincy) from South Bend, IN when Dunn hit his walkoff. Definitely the best game of the year.

Also I live in Baton Rouge now, and the town sucks. Ugh.
    Nah B.R. is all right. Just make your way over to Tigerland and hit on some sorority girls. LSU women=best in the nation. Other than that...um well beer and crawfish are pretty much it. Oh yeah and kill a deer.

Was at the Griffey Game for the walk off after being on the DL and that was awesome, my favorite player hitting a walk off how can you top it? Well actually the Javier Valentin Walk off was the greatest (personally)It was a sunday afternoon game, and me and my two buddies were torched still from the night before and just kept it going, What made it so great is seeing my buddy stumble around 3rd, knock a kid over and barely make it home, priceless. That to me, was the greatest game last season

The only two games I went to were two Cardinal games that consisted of a Javy Valentin game winning single in the bottom of the ninth in early May and then Ryan Freel's amazing catch in a win over them in August. Two of the greatest games I've been to ever in Cincy. Gotta say though, the Todd Benzinger started brawl in the early 90's was pretty sweet, but i remember little from it.

Turn Off Ads?