Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mets reach oral agreement with Chan Ho Park

Mets reach oral agreement with Chan Ho Park

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2759773

SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean starting pitcher Chan Ho Park has reached an oral agreement on a one-year deal with the New York Mets, his management company said on Friday.

The deal would pay Park a base salary of $3 million, his Team 61 management company said, adding that the right-hander would sign a contract once he passed a physical examination.

Park was part of the San Diego Padres pitching rotation last season, when he compiled a 7-7 record and a 4.81 ERA.

The 33-year-old broke into the major leagues with the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1994 and has also pitched with the Texas Rangers. He has a career record of 113-87, but has suffered a number of injuries over the past few seasons.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mets reach oral agreement with Chan Ho Park

For whatever reason, I'd prefer it to be called a "verbal" agreement...
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Lol...

Chan Ho's oral agreement with the Mets, sounds like a personal problem...
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

At least this keeps him out of Cincy.

I remember a game several seasons ago, when during a rain delay, an older lady called and asked why the Reds had changed the name from Riverfront Stadium to Chan Ho Park. Marty laughed and explained that Park was the opposing pitcher that night. Anyone else remember this?
    Last edited by fadetoblack2880; 02-09-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    I remember a game several seasons ago, when during a rain delay, an older lady called and asked why the Reds had changed the name from Riverfront Stadium to Chan Ho Park. Marty laughed and explained that Park was the opposing pitcher that night. Anyone else remember this?
    Maybe that was "Adam from Wisconsin."

Now that was funny!

Say what you want about Chan Ho (and it's all been said) but remember when he took out some guy charging the mound with a karate kick. He should be able to play as long as he wants with that on his resume.
    Oh say does that flag banner wave / Over a-a-all that's free / And the home of the land / And the land of the - FREE!

Turn Off Ads?