Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The KIng is Dead!

The KIng is Dead!

http://www.winnipegsun.com/Sports/Ot...77744-sun.html

IN my youth I saw Eddie pitch and it was something to behold. I walked away in awe at how this man could pitch from 2nd base and just blow hitters away. I am not usually a big softball fan but this man was truly special and had a ton of talent.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The KIng is Dead!

I saw him as a kid...he was amazing no question
    Baseball is life

I'm sorry to read of his death. I can remember reading an article on him in Sport magazine way back in 1967.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

So that's the "Famous Dead People Trifecta", Hank Bauer, Anna Nicole Smith, and King Eddie?

I remember seeing him pitch back in the 80s. What amazed me was him pitching blindfolded from second base and striking the batter out.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Doo-Rag View Post
    So that's the "Famous Dead People Trifecta", Hank Bauer, Anna Nicole Smith, and King Eddie?
    Lew Burdette/Art Fowler/Hank Baur

That's the MLB trifecta

He was incredible.

"Feigner’s fastpitch was once clocked at 104 mph ... In a two-inning exhibition in 1967, he fanned Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Brooks Robinson, Maury Wills, Harmon Killebrew and Roberto Clemente. He's nearing 80, but ‘The King’ still tours with his “Court.” " The King and His “Court” touring team has played over 10,000 softball games in 100 countries since the late 1940’s and achieved widespread fame similar to that of the Harlem Globetrotters."

http://www.kingandhiscourt.com/index_home.html
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?