Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Wright State

Props to my Alma Mater!

Not often do I get to toot my horn about my alma mater but congrats to the Wright State Raiders men's basketball team and coach Brad Brownell. They captured the regular season Horizon League championship and #1 seed in the tourney which means the automatic bid for the "big tourney" comes through the Nutter Center.

Go Raiders!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Props to my Alma Mater!

Congradulations. i always liked the Raiders.

Nothing like winning your conference on a night you lose a game.

Still, good for the Raiders!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Now, if they would just bring back the real "Rowdy" Raider, I'd feel comfortable contributing to the Alumni Association.

Winning the conference also gives the Raiders a first round bye in the conference tournament. They will play their semifinal game Saturday March 3rd at 7PM at the Nutter Center. 2 wins and they would be in the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1993.

Is it just me or is Butler slipping from lock status? They're starting to really remind me of the Butler team from about 5 years ago that started out hot and went to crap down the stretch. It may come down to Wright St. vs. Butler for one spot if this keeps up.

Wright State is guaranteed an NIT bid at least. Under the new rules and new ownership of the NIT (which, is essentially, the NCAA) if the winner of the season conference does not win its conference tournament, they play in the NIT.

I honestly think that Butler still could get in the NCAA just because of the November to remember.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Is it just me or is Butler slipping from lock status? They're starting to really remind me of the Butler team from about 5 years ago that started out hot and went to crap down the stretch. It may come down to Wright St. vs. Butler for one spot if this keeps up.
    I think Butler definately has to make it at least to the conference tourney finals.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Wright State is guaranteed an NIT bid at least. Under the new rules and new ownership of the NIT (which, is essentially, the NCAA) if the winner of the season conference does not win its conference tournament, they play in the NIT.

I honestly think that Butler still could get in the NCAA just because of the November to remember.
    They probably will, but a loss in their last regular season game and a quick out in the Horizon tournament and they could get cut. That would be a 2-5 finish, and it's hard for a mid-major to survive that.

Love the rule about conference winners getting NIT bids. I always thought it was unfair that a small school could be outstanding in their conference season, slip up in their title game and not get invited anywhere. Personally I don't think a conference that can play a true round robin schedule should even have a tournament, but I know they're not going to go away because of the money involved.

Nothing like backing in, or is it in thru the out door?

Re: Congrats to Wright State

Beat 'em again and they're going dancing.

Congrats to Wright State on the Horizon League tournament title to go with the regular season title. I'm curious as to where they will be seeded. Should be interesting to see how the field ends up between now and Sunday.

Congrats to Wright State on their first NCAA tournament berth in 14 years.

Dancin'! Dancin'! Dancin' the night away!

Most projections show WSU as a 14 seed playing in Columbus...which would be awesome.

In '93, they were a 16 seed and were promptly destroyed by Calbert Cheaney, Greg Graham, Damon Bailey, and Bob Knight's Hoosiers.

Quote Originally Posted by lo ryder View Post
    Nothing like backing in, or is it in thru the out door?
    How about kicking down the door?

It will feel weird to hear Wright State's name announced on Sunday as one of the 65 but none the less still sweet music to my ears!

Turn Off Ads?