Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
I'll take Johnny's viewpoint on this one. Krivsky could say, when asked, that he's happy with the guys he got and he thinks that they have a great future. But, unfortunately, last year it wasn't enough to put the Reds over the top and he continues to work to accumulate the pieces needed to do that.
(He doesn't even need to mention that he gutted a big part of the offense, got taken to the woodshed by Bowden and schooled on checking medicals when making a trade, acquired a SS that was even worse defensively than the one he traded and is reduced to hoping a sore-armed former top prospect will make a comeback to balance the deal. We're all willing to forgive and forget. )

Rem
Because some of us don't know it wasn't enough to get the Reds over the top last year? Why would he need to say that? As far as the rest of your statement goes I think he's said things very similar to it.

I think he answers the questions about the trade the only way he can. Most of the guys he got are still on the Reds, he can't say that he wishes he could trade them back.