Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NBA Player Comes Out Of The Closet

NBA Player Comes Out Of The Closet

I'm not sure why in today's age this would still be considered a scandal, but it looks like we may soon have the answer to that question as to how fans and teammates would react to a gay athlete in a major professional sport.

http://mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/NJNet_Gay.html

December 7. The NBA is about to be rocked by one of the biggest scandals in league history. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that a prominent member of the New Jersey Nets has admitted to his family that he's bisexual.

In an exclusive interview, MediaTakeOut.com spoke with a friend of the family who claims the player "came out" during a recent trip home. According to our source, "when [the player] came out of the closet, everyone was shocked ... we would always see pictures of him with models. No one suspected that he was into men."

And what's more shocking, tells our source, is that the NBA player has entered into a romantic relationship with one of his childhood friends. The tipster explains, "the two boys were friends since childhood ... when [the player] went to the NBA, he brought along [the friend] as a personal assistant." The tipster added, "I don't know how to feel, I love them both but something doesn't seem right about them being together like that."

And the source tells MediaTakeOut.com that the NBA star's relationship with his former pal appears to be serious. The source explains, "[the player] could have kept it quiet and nobody would have suspected. He came out because he wanted us to accept his relationship." The source added, "those two have been friends for many years .. if their relationship is anything like their friendship, its got to be serious."

The NBA player, who is African American, has been linked to a number of women in the past - all of whom are Caucasian. He is also known for enjoying the night life with his teammates and good friend Tyson Beckford.

For legal reasons, MediaTakeOut.com has decided not to print the name of the player.

Developing...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA Player Comes Out Of The Closet

Based on that Website...

I'm not sure I buy it.

Didn't they have a story like this about a MLB player on an "East Coast" team? Whatever happened with that? Of course this article has practically named the guy. Which Nets player likes white girls and Tyson Beckford?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I thought you were going to tell us he was a Bengals fan.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
    School's out. What did you expect?

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

This isn't "coming out of the closet." This is a rag spreading rumors about somebody's private life. And I don't really care if the rumors are true.
    Stick to your guns.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Didn't they have a story like this about a MLB player on an "East Coast" team? Whatever happened with that?
    That was Brady Anderson and they didn't break the story because there was nothing about it that was breaking. Those sideburns, that prancing gait...we all knew.

Worth The Wait

FWIW, Jim Traber, a former teammate of Brady Anderson was on the radio here in OKC today (he has his own daily show), talking openly about Anderson being gay. He was not joking or speculating, he was stating it as a fact. Again, FWIW.

Let's keep these knd of threads in the Peanut Gallery, shall we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?