Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Walk-Off Video

2006 Walk-Off Video

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2006 Walk-Off Video

I still can't get over the Dunn walkoff against Wickman. I was at that game and it was simply amazing to be in the ballpark for that.

I'll always remember that one and Joe Randa's Opening Day walkoff.

Griffey against the...?

Dunn is so unclutch
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Sans the 1990 World Series, that Adam Dunn walk off granny was the single most exciting moment I've ever seen as a Reds fan.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Love it.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Didn't someone have Marty's call of Dunn's slammer vs. the Indians as well?
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33 View Post
    Didn't someone have Marty's call of Dunn's slammer vs. the Indians as well?

Attachment 4412 I do, and I'll never delete it.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Sans the 1990 World Series, that Adam Dunn walk off granny was the single most exciting moment I've ever seen as a Reds fan.
    I don't know, Larkin's first GS was my favorite just because of the admiration I have for the guy. I still see his arms in the air as he rounds the bases. Purely magical.

I was at the park for the Valentin shot against the Dbacks. I remember it being a horrible game until the very last at bat. Then GABP exploded and the fans walked home on cloud 9. I remember watching on the Ross shot on TV as it sailed over the batters eye.

But the Dunn gs stands as one of my all time favorite baseball memories to date. Even watching it on TV I jumped up and yelled as it flew out of the park, across the river and into a new time zone. My wife even got into the mood. I've got Marty's call on my ipod. I know some folks aren't fans of his but that call is pure electric by the great poofy haired one.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 02-13-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    I don't know, Larkin's first GS was my favorite just because of the admiration I have for the guy. I still see his arms in the air as he rounds the bases. Purely magical.
    Ooohhh, good one. I remember I was sick in bed with the flu while I was watching that game, even in my weakened state at the time I found the energy to get out of bed and jump and scream like an idiot. What an absolutely fantastic moment.

Thanks for sharing, that was great!

I've been to some great games the last 16 years or so, but the Dunn GS was just unreal. The whole video gave me the chills!

I still get chills listening to that call. I should have been at that game with kbrake, but my fiance came in that night and I decided to stay home.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

I remember that Dunn grandslam because my entire family was at the game...except for me. I worked at an internship in Phoenix over the summer and I usually came home from work and watched ESPN over dinner to get the bottom line updates (no internet at the apartment). That night the Reds fell behind early so I started watching a movie and didn't pay attention but then right after the game my sister called me yelling and screaming so loud I couldn't even tell what she was saying. Well, I quickly figured it out and turned on the TV to catch the Sportscenter highlights.

The Larkin grandslam was unbelievable. I was at the game (like many of the big moments in Barry's career strangely enough). I just remember the ball going deep thinking "No way!" Then just going nuts because Larkin was always one of my favorites.

Here's another classic Marty call from last year. Thaws that cold February snow listening to this one.

Attachment 4413
    Last edited by Tommyjohn25; 02-13-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Turn Off Ads?