Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Your Cable/Dish Go Out Last Night?

Re: Did Your Cable/Dish Go Out Last Night?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    We had a dish at the Unassisted household for about 6 weeks. One of the main reasons it was only a part of our lives for about 6 weeks was that day the dish couldn't get a signal for several hours during a heavy snowfall. During the heavy snowfall there was little else to do but sit in the house and watch TV and neither Mrs. U nor I appreciated the dish putting a damper on our entertainment options.

Heavy snowfall in San Antonio? It's been that kind of winter...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Zoinks!

Yeah, my stupid Dish evidently needed electricity to work. Sissy Dish Network.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I guess I don't understand the problem, even if your cable did go out. The weather was/is terrible with all the ice. It was bound to have an impact in some areas.

I was comparing cable and satellite. I haven't heard of any satellite dishes going out yet. However I know of people in Anderson, on the east side of town, that still have no cable. This kind of makes the cable commercials look ridiculous. You know the ones...it's raining cats & dogs and the cable customer is dry and cozy watching his HBO while his satellite neighbor is on top of his roof screaming at his dish in a driving rain.

Quote Originally Posted by NatiRedGals View Post
    Even though i didnt have a problem my mom who only lives about 20 mins away hers went out!

What does your Mom have, a dish or cable?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Heavy snowfall in San Antonio? It's been that kind of winter...
    No, this was a few years back when I had to suffer through winters that include snow in Wisconsin.

My kids did get two "ice days" off from school this year. Texas districts don't build bad weather days into the calendar, so those days will get made up from their scheduled school holidays.

Back to the topic: We probably get enough monsoon-like rain here to knock out reception on a dish for a few hours a couple of times a year. I have no love for my ever-increasing cable bill, but at least the cable company's product is dependable in bad weather.
    /r/reds

I was comparing cable and satellite. I haven't heard of any satellite dishes going out yet. However I know of people in Anderson, on the east side of town, that still have no cable. This kind of makes the cable commercials look ridiculous. You know the ones...it's raining cats & dogs and the cable customer is dry and cozy watching his HBO while his satellite neighbor is on top of his roof screaming at his dish in a driving rain.
    We've had both and can say we had way more trouble with our dish than we've ever had with cable. My parents have a dish and frequently lose reception due to weather.

Zoinks!

I've only had my Dish for about two years but have yet to have an outage....aside from us losing electric.

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    I've only had my Dish for about two years but have yet to have an outage....aside from us losing electric.
    I'd be curious to see the breakdown of Dish vs. DirecTV customers when it comes to outages.

All right, today my cable is out...again. God knows why. I'd say a frozen branch fell on a line but our wires are underground.

The person I mentioned earlier from Andersom township on the east side finally got their cable back today.

All right, today my cable is out...again. God knows why. I'd say a frozen branch fell on a line but our wires are underground.

The person I mentioned earlier from Andersom township on the east side finally got their cable back today.
    What part of town do you live in? Certain parts of town definitely seem to have more outages than others. We've never had any problems around here--hence the generally positive attitude of my family and neighbors towards TWC vs. the negative one of so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Cable (Insight) and no problem (though I kind of wish it had gone out between 8 & 9, in hindsight, LOL)
    That was a problem for me. I wanted to see my Big Orange roll. Brings back memories of when I was a student and we'd knock off Joe B. Hall with Mel Turpin and Sam Bowie in games played in Knoxville.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    What part of town do you live in? Certain parts of town definitely seem to have more outages than others. We've never had any problems around here--hence the generally positive attitude of my family and neighbors towards TWC vs. the negative one of so many others.
    Southwest Warren County, south of Kings Island. We have not experienced a lot of outages up to this point.

Southwest Warren County, south of Kings Island. We have not experienced a lot of outages up to this point.
    Strange. Hopefully they get you taken care of and you stop having outages. My Road Runner has been painfully slow today, but I realize it could be worse.

Turn Off Ads?