Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's coming....

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: It's coming....

I used to subscribe to SI, but gave it up last year. I would always subscribe when a kid would ask as a fundraiser for their school. I last did a 1-year subscription in mid-2005. Then around October of last year I get notices from some 2-bit collection agency saying I owe $60 for another SI subscription. Through some investigating I found that SI took it upon themselves to make me a "Preferred Subscriber" (no choice of my own).

"Prefered Subscriber" means what? It means one thing... they automatically re-new your subscription for another year when it runs out! Can you believe that crap?!? I'll re-new it on my own if I desire it. I have not heard from their two-bit collection people for a couple of months. They will not get a dime from me, nor will I ever subscribe to their rag again.

Take heed... be very-very careful of any Time Inc. magazine. They are known for this crap and will attempt to scare money out of you and volunteer you to pay them your money w/out your consent.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    It's been irrelevant for years now, IMO.
    So has Bill O'Reilly, but sticks around too.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Speaking of men's magazines, I just learned that my neighbor's wife subscribes to Playboy. She wants to "keep an eye on the competition".

Evidently my better half isn't so worried about the competition, because she was completely uninterested in the 12 month / $15 Playboy subscription offer that I showed her.

My SI swimsuit edition, my wife's Victoria Secret catalog, and my AARP monthly all came on the same day.

What that all means, I'm just not sure.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Speaking of men's magazines, I just learned that my neighbor's wife subscribes to Playboy. She wants to "keep an eye on the competition".
    Sounds more like some latent tendencies vs keeping an eye any where.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?