Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: College BB - Tourney Talk

Re: College BB - Tourney Talk

I'm a big Purdue fan. If Landry and Teague play like they usually do in Mackey, I believe Purdue can knock off the Hoosiers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    There's Florida.......................

...................and then there's everyone else.
    Kansas' freshmen and sophomores gave the experienced Gators more than they could handle back in November. On a "neutral" court.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    2. Indiana's not going anywhere unless Sampson can figure out a way to cheat his way to victory.
    Exactly. Why do you think he was run out of Oklahoma on a rail?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

IU will be fine this year.

OSU will be upset in tourney as they're extremely overrated.

Wisconsin is a team no one wants to see in the tournament.

Durant should be the #1 pick in the draft no matter if Oden comes out or not.

ANd I'm still laughing at Mutaman who thinks a loss is more impressive than a win.

If you're a college hoops fan, you need to attend the first round at some point in your life. 4 games in 1 day. It's a whale of a good time, even if you don't have any favorite teams playing.

Duke's team is a house of cards again this year. Put 'em on a neutral court with an officiating crew that isn't intimidated by Roach K, and they're beatable. Of course, it isn't fair to expect lofty things out of the team this year. They only have 6 McDonald's AAs on their roster.

Living in SEC country, I just hope that someone other than Florida wins. Sandwiching basketball titles around a football title would make life miserable.

The first weekend of March Madness is the best week of the year in sports. . . .and it's not even close.

2nd best might be the 2nd week of the NFL playoffs or the 2nd round of March Madness.

Going to an NCAA tournament game is unbelievable. The intensity, the atmosphere, the fans,. . .everything is awesome. Just one of the best atmosphere's for any sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Exactly. Why do you think he was run out of Oklahoma on a rail?
    Well so far myself and throngs of Hoosier fans are awfully glad the rail ended up in Indiana.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 02-15-2007 at 11:30 AM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    The first weekend of March Madness is the best week of the year in sports. . . .and it's not even close.

2nd best might be the 2nd week of the NFL playoffs or the 2nd round of March Madness.

Going to an NCAA tournament game is unbelievable. The intensity, the atmosphere, the fans,. . .everything is awesome. Just one of the best atmosphere's for any sports fan.

St. Patricks day generally falls on the opening round of the tourney which makes the whole experience all that more fun. I remember a few years ago Butler was the 16 seed and they took 1 seed Florida in to overtime. Nothing more fun than being in a crowd of hundreds of people all drinking green beer and cheering for a local favorite to pull off a major upset.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    St. Patricks day generally falls on the opening round of the tourney which makes the whole experience all that more fun. I remember a few years ago Butler was the 16 seed and they took 1 seed Florida in to overtime. Nothing more fun than being in a crowd of hundreds of people all drinking green beer and cheering for a local favorite to pull off a major upset.
    I don't think Butler was a 16. . . I think they were a 12 or 13 and lost to them at the last second because Mike Miller made a last second shot. UF went on to to the championship game that year.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    If you're a college hoops fan, you need to attend the first round at some point in your life. 4 games in 1 day. It's a whale of a good time, even if you don't have any favorite teams playing.

Duke's team is a house of cards again this year. Put 'em on a neutral court with an officiating crew that isn't intimidated by Roach K, and they're beatable. Of course, it isn't fair to expect lofty things out of the team this year. They only have 6 McDonald's AAs on their roster.

Living in SEC country, I just hope that someone other than Florida wins. Sandwiching basketball titles around a football title would make life miserable.
    Why do you have to be so down on Krzyzewski? I don't understand why people hate him so much.

I do agree about going to the first round of the tournament though, that is a lot of fun.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Well so far myself and throngs of Hoosier fans are awfully glad the rail ended up in Indiana.
    Sure. He's a good coach and will bring Indiana some measure of success. But it comes at a high price, as Oklahoma found out.

Sure. He's a good coach and will bring Indiana some measure of success. But it comes at a high price, as Oklahoma found out.
    The only difference between Kelvin and every other major DI football/basketball coach is that he got caught.

See that's why I was so against the hiring in the first place. The guy cheated, no denying it. And Indiana has never even had whispers of cheating before, whatever people say about Knight or even Davis they didn't cheat.
    Sampson is a good coach, and I love the way he's got them playing defense again, I haven't seen IU players "run through" a pass in a while, but I still would have rather they hired someone who ran a clean program. I still wanted Johnny Dawkins from Duke, to be honest I would have been happy with Dane Fife from IPFW.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    The only difference between Kelvin and every other major DI football/basketball coach is that he got caught.
    Sorry, but thats crazy.

Carolina is really pissing me off - but they beat Duke so that makes everything OK for now. But twice to Va Tech?? I now officially hate Virginia Tech. I will root for all ACC teams to make the NCAAs and root for them in the NCAA's (as long as its not against UNC) except for Duke (obviously) and now Virginia Tech.

And yes, Durant is the shiznit. Best college player since Melo. I don't think he can lead his team to the championship like Melo did, but that has more to do with Boeheim is a better coach than Barnes (this coming from someone who went to school in Syracuse in the late eighties and detested Jimmy B and thought he was overrated, but reluctantly I have begun to give him the props he's earned) and also because Melo had a better supporting cast, IMO.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?