Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: College BB - Tourney Talk

Re: College BB - Tourney Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    I may talk tough for Florida, and they are still the best team, but they've looked fat and happy over the last couple weeks. Giving up big leads or having to mount comebacks over and over again is dangerous.

A loss now isn't the worst thing to happen.

March will be fun.

By the way: Did anyone else see (Vandy Coach) Kevin Stallings slap Noah's hands when he tried to grab the ball from him? Weird.
    Noah has some mental issues. He's a great player, just a wacko.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Funny how a few days ago people were saying that Indiana could compete with the big two and Florida was unbeatable. The road is a great equalizer. Looks like Wisconsin at OSU could be #1 vs #2, although the Badgers have a tough one in East Lansing before then.

And, of course in the long run, Florida is still the team to beat.
    I don't know if "people" were saying it, but I was saying that IU could compete with OSU and Wisc. And I still think they can, they played OSU close at OSU and beat Wisc. They have struggled on the road, no doubt, but it's Sampson's first year here and we'll see if he can't remedy that as they go along. But I think they have the talent to compete with both teams, we'll have to see if they can put it together. But as far as the Big 10 tourney goes I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that it will be Wisconsin and OSU I think on a neutral court IU will compete if they play either of them.
    For sure Wisconsin, OSU and Florida are the top three teams in the country, all I'm saying is IU has the talent to go far in the NCAAs.
    "three dimes, a one hundred dollar bill and and 87 ones..."

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    I didn't get to see that game, did Florida give it away or did Vandy have the game of their lives? I notice that they shot 56% from the field and 10-22 from 3, so I'm leaning toward believing that Vandy played great.
    Neither, really. Although Florida was not at their best.

I saw a pretty good team who knows the only chance they have to make the tourney is to finish strong, and they played like it. Vandy got to all the loose balls and made all the hustle plays. They played with a controlled sense of urgency, and Florida did not.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I don't know if "people" were saying it, but I was saying that IU could compete with OSU and Wisc. And I still think they can, they played OSU close at OSU and beat Wisc. They have struggled on the road, no doubt, but it's Sampson's first year here and we'll see if he can't remedy that as they go along. But I think they have the talent to compete with both teams, we'll have to see if they can put it together. But as far as the Big 10 tourney goes I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that it will be Wisconsin and OSU I think on a neutral court IU will compete if they play either of them.
    For sure Wisconsin, OSU and Florida are the top three teams in the country, all I'm saying is IU has the talent to go far in the NCAAs.
    With our defenseive capabilities and 3 point shooting prowess we can beat anyone on any given day. Its historically been tough for outside shooting teams to make a deep run in march though. We need White to step up big this tourney.
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    With our defenseive capabilities and 3 point shooting prowess we can beat anyone on any given day. Its historically been tough for outside shooting teams to make a deep run in march though. We need White to step up big this tourney.
    Well they did it a few years ago with mainly a 3 point shooting team.

As far as today's game goes, I didn't realize Earl Calloway was injured and I don't know how long he's going to be out, but they're not going to beat anybody without him. IMO he's the most valuable player on that team. He runs that offense and he guards other teams PGs very well. I think we can with anyone else being out, even DJ, but not with Calloway being out. If this injury is long term or lingering IU's season is pretty much over.

On another note, that Butler - So Ill. game was fun to watch. That's the first time I've seen So. Ill. this season and they have some athletes on their team, Tatum and Falker. It was too bad A.J. Graves was sick and didn't play well for Butler he's fun to watch, I think he's a poor man's Steve Nash.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Well they did it a few years ago with mainly a 3 point shooting team.

but we had jared jeffries with slashing capabilities and inside presence. It makes a world of difference...

Speaking of past players anyone ever hear what Coverdale is doing or Bracey Wright for that matter?
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    but we had jared jeffries with slashing capabilities and inside presence. It makes a world of difference...

Speaking of past players anyone ever hear what Coverdale is doing or Bracey Wright for that matter?
    Last time I saw Coverdale was on a golf course and he was looking very out of shape, and by the amount of beer he was drinking he didn't seem too worried about it.

I don't know what Bracey is doing. He should not have left early, somebody was telling him that he was better than he actually was. He was under sized for a 2 guard in the NBA and wasn't quick enough and didn't handle the ball well enough to play point.

On another note, that Butler - So Ill. game was fun to watch.
    That was pretty entertaining stuff. It reminded me of an old school Big East game the way they beat the living crap out of each other. That was a really good game.

Last time I saw Coverdale was on a golf course and he was looking very out of shape, and by the amount of beer he was drinking he didn't seem too worried about it.

I don't know what Bracey is doing. He should not have left early, somebody was telling him that he was better than he actually was. He was under sized for a 2 guard in the NBA and wasn't quick enough and didn't handle the ball well enough to play point.
    Bracey was with the Timberwolves not sure if he is still with them. I was so glad when he left IU. The key to the last final four IU team was Odle and Jefferies and they just seemed to get hot at the right time.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I think on a neutral court IU will compete if they play either of them.
    Considering in their last 4 road games IU has lost to Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, and now Michigan, I suggest Hoosier fans forget about competing with Alando and the big guys, and focus on beating Northwestern and trying to finish above .500 in the Big 10.

I realize an average team can get hot and win a game or two in March, but let's not get carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Considering in their last 4 road games IU has lost to Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, and now Michigan, I suggest Hoosier fans forget about competing with Alando and the big guys, and focus on beating Northwestern and trying to finish above .500 in the Big 10.

I realize an average team can get hot and win a game or two in March, but let's not get carried away.
    They already beat Alando and the Badgers. They'll finish 3rd in the big ten. Unless Earl Calloway's injury is serious then they may not beat anyone else besides Northwestern. They don't lose today if Earl Calloway is healthy and playing. You can call that making excuses or whatever, but he's the one guy they have to have to win.

[QUOTE=Razor Shines 1B;1244727]They already beat Alando and the Badgers. QUOTE]

So did Missouri State. And on a neutral court. Nobody's perfect.

There's no question at this point that there is Wisconsin and Ohio State and then everyone else.

It's more than frustrating to see the difference between home and road for this team(IU.)

But you know like they say in the SEC, they're paying the other team too.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

For you MAC fans out there, big wins today in Bracketbuster matchups for Akron, beating Austin Peay, and Kent State, winning against George Mason.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Man Pills

Pitino Redivivus.

Driving a big fat stake through the heart of the Big East.

Turn Off Ads?