Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bengals tag Justin Smith

Re: Bengals tag Justin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    I agree that in the grand scheme of things Steinbach is a more valuable player than Smith but when talking about the Bengals' specific needs, Justin wins out. I don't think he's lived up to being the #4 overall pick in the draft but he's solid and a very high-motor guy...a good example for some of the other knuckleheads on this team. I think they have people in place to step in for Steinbach but their needs on defense are numerous and keeping a good solid DE on the club is better than letting him walk and opening up yet another hole. The gameplan is to get him and his agent to the negotiating table and get something long-term and cap-friendly worked out.

If the Bengals can just get close to the top half of the league in team D, I think we've got something special here.
    He was one of the dui's last year. I agree, high motor, valuable, but a franchise tag?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    He was one of the dui's last year. I agree, high motor, valuable, but a franchise tag?

I don't believe that was last year. He did, however, get a DUI. After leaving Diamonds Gentlemen's Club in south Dayton. I believe one of the dancers was in his SUV when got busted at 5 am.

Smith didn't get a DUI last year. Steinbach did while boating on the beautiful Ohio River.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Smith didn't get a DUI last year. Steinbach did while boating on the beautiful Ohio River.
    You're right........my bad. I was thinking he was the one on the river.

For a Level Playing Field

You're right........my bad. I was thinking he was the one on the river.
    Hey... if it is a Bengals player, then there is a good chance that he has been arrested in the last 12 months. No one can blame a guy or girl for thinking that way. Who Dey, Who Dey... Who Dey Think Gonna Get Busted?

Turn Off Ads?