Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: K Rosenthal on the possibility of Griffey to RF

K Rosenthal on the possibility of Griffey to RF

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: K Rosenthal on the possibility of Griffey to RF

I love the Josh Hamilton story, wish the best for him, and hope he keeps his life together.

I also wish Chris Denorfia would get the same shot that Josh Hamilton is getting.

His defense in CF would give the Reds outstanding defense up the middle. And he can hit, too.

Can he be stopped?

I forgot about Bruce and Stubbs in all this spring training mess... no way are they going to be ready this year (or even next) but they're exciting for the future. I hope Denorfia kills the ball this spring. Or Norris Hopper keeps doing his thing. Because Griffey in RF is a better Griffey.

It's best for the team if Griffey moves to right.

If the Reds acquired a legitimate center fielder, the discussion would be over.
    Well, I don't expect the media to recognize that Chris Denorfia is the best option on the team right now for everyday CF duties. He might even be a better option for this team than many players that they could acquire in a trade. Sadly, I don't expect the Reds to recognize this, either.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I think the media strictly looks at Denorfia and says 'He's 26, thats too old for a guy to become a regular on an MLB team.' so he becomes an also ran in this story. They don't look at it like the last two seasons he may have been ready but was 'blocked' by Griffey, Dunn, and Kearns and the team preferred him everyday in AAA than 2 times a week in the bigs.

I agree, he should most likely be our opening day CFer.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

"A lot of it is about having a regular guy to take the spot and not having Griff moving back and forth. He's open to it. But right now, unless he comes to spring training and says, 'I'm going to play right field,' he's probably going to open the spring in center."
    Uhh, this paragraph makes my head hurt.

Brady Clark got us Shawn Estes. At this point, my best hopes for Deno is that the organization will trade him before the dying bloom is completely off the rose. I have zero faith that he will get a legitimate shot at the full time gig.

I just don't understand why they can't see that everything Junior wants in place (a clearly superior option) was already on the 25 man.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 02-15-2007 at 04:39 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Well, I don't expect the media to recognize that Chris Denorfia is the best option on the team right now for everyday CF duties. He might even be a better option for this team than many players that they could acquire in a trade. Sadly, I don't expect the Reds to recognize this, either.

I hope they do.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I think the media strictly looks at Denorfia and says 'He's 26, thats too old for a guy to become a regular on an MLB team.' so he becomes an also ran in this story. They don't look at it like the last two seasons he may have been ready but was 'blocked' by Griffey, Dunn, and Kearns and the team preferred him everyday in AAA than 2 times a week in the bigs.

I agree, he should most likely be our opening day CFer.
    Twenty-six is the same age Ryan Freel was when we picked him up as a minor league free agent. It wouldn't shock me to see either him or Freel traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    He may be the best in house option at the moment, but he's a AAAA player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Shoddy reporting from the national press, who would believe that. Clearly, a combination of Ryan Freel and Deno are legitimate CF's and would not require Jr. to play CF at all. Combined they are better defensively than any other CF in the division. And that includes the Cubs centerfielder and the hot dog in St. Louis (he who must not be named).

Furthermore, I can't even see Bubba Crosby making the team as anything more than the 25th guy in the even Hamilton needs to go back to TB or the minors.

If Narron is the truly the manager, he must decide this on day one and let Jr. learn the nuances of right field. This is frustrating, because moves like this could make the difference between pretender and contender.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    No, he's not.
    Go Gators!

He's a AAAA player according to what?
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    He's a AAAA player according to what?
    His career? Who looks at a near 27 year old player who hasn't been able to stick in the majors and goes wow, there is a good player?

And don't bring up Ryan Freel. If Denorfia suddenly learns how to play the infield also, then bring up Freel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Based on what? His whopping 140 major league ABs?

He has proven that he can hit at every level of the minor leagues. He deserves more than 140 ABs before he gets written off as a AAA player.

What about his defense? Didn't scouts consider him one of the best defensive CFs in the minors?
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 02-15-2007 at 04:54 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?