Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Spring Training

Spring Training

This question may of been answered earlier, but what all Reds prospects are participating in Spring Training with the big league team?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Spring Training

Non Roster Invitees
    40 Man Roster

All of those guys.

I wish the Reds would just flat out give up on Anderson Machado. He was a wet dream of the former front office. I can't imagine why he's still around.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

someone has to play SS in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    someone has to play SS in the minors.
    I guess you are right.

Valaika and Loo are still well behind Machado in terms of readiness and experience.

For some reason Machado is just one player that I've never really liked at all.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Why are Bruce and Stubbs not invited to the major league spring training? Do they have a limited number of players they are allowed to have in camp?

Becuase the two of them are probably a little far away. Jay will probably start the season off in A+ in Sarasota, while Stubbs probably goes to Dayton or Sarasota depending on his spring.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Why are Bruce and Stubbs not invited to the major league spring training? Do they have a limited number of players they are allowed to have in camp?
    You have to have some special reason to be a non-40 player and still be invited.

1. Be a catcher. You have a million guys throwing at once, if you're a catcher, you'll get an invite just so they have someone to throw to.
    2. Have some small chance to make club - Bailey fits this category
    3. Be a minor league FA. Clubs can throw in an invite as a "sweetner" to get you to sign. So if club x and club y make same offer but club y gives you invite to major league camp......
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I wish the Reds would just flat out give up on Anderson Machado. He was a wet dream of the former front office. I can't imagine why he's still around.

I've been [nerdily] running some simulations on a baseball game I've got with 3 levels of the minors included, and Andy Machado has had some exceptionally good seasons for Chattanooga and or Louisville depending on which place he's been assigned. One season he even hit 340 with 7 hrs and 67 RBI in Louisville in my most recent.

Not that simulations mean anything.

And not that Louisville is exactly a know pitchers park.

So, just saying, in other words.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Ya can't teach speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post

I suspect that his invite to ML Spring Training has less to do with being a legitimate prospect than the fact that a.) he's a reasonably capable SS and they need extras for split squad games and subbiing for the big kids; b.) he has some ML experience so he knows the ropes and therefore is low maintence; c.) he's highest on the minor league ladder at his position....for now d.) I think he's respected and liked by many of the minor leaguers who have played with him, especially the young hispanic players. I don't know, maybe they just needed a translator (seriously).

On the upisde, they invited Janish too.
    Last edited by Triples; 02-19-2007 at 04:48 PM. Reason: misspelling

I may be wrong about this but I believe Bailey's contract requires an invite to ST which is why he got one last year?

Nugget, that is correct from everything I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    I may be wrong about this but I believe Bailey's contract requires an invite to ST which is why he got one last year?
    Damn... of all the things you could demand when signing a contract, why pick that?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    Damn... of all the things you could demand when signing a contract, why pick that?
    Being around older Vet guys helps a ton. Plus, what is better than being 19 years old and in Big League Spring Training? I cant think of many things. Plus, it gives you an idea of what you want to be, provides some motivation on the upcoming season.

Damn, I really hope Stubbs goes to Dayton. I want to see someone I know when I go to some of the games. Can anyone give me a list of top prospects who will most likely be in Dayton this year? A couple I can think of are Watson and Stubbs. Im not really a big minor league guy, but Im trying to get into it more.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?