Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day Tickets Debacle!

Opening Day Tickets Debacle!

So why is it that the Red's are only allowing 2 opening day tickets per account holder, regardless of the number of seats the account holder has purchased? A group of me and 4 friends each bought a 20-game pack for 2007 and were excited to hear that we could also have early access to purchase the opening day tix. However, we recently learned that they're only allowing us to buy 2 opening day seats because we bought our tix under one name. How is that fair? We all paid for seats ($300+ for the moondeck each) and I think we should all have access to just one ticket each.

Besides that, last year, when we purchased the same 20 game pack under one name, they sent out promotional items like RedsBucks for concessions and Redsfest passes but only gave 2 each for the five seats. So this year, I'm sure we'll get screwed again with these promo items.

After a call to the Reds ticket office and a long conversation with a very nice group ticket salesperson named John, they said they can't do anything. They won't let us split our seats up. They won't make exceptions for people who are in our situation. Basically, they said it was a business decision the club made and that our only recourse is to write a letter to Brad Blettner, the Director of Business Development. That or purchase another 20 game pack. Yeah, right.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is just so frustrating because it feels like they made these ticket packs look so good to buy so you can get early access to opening day tix but in reality, they aren't really allowing all of their fans who've spent their money to get this advantage.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day Tickets Debacle!

I wouldn't complain. At least you will get tickets while a lot of folks are going to be shut out.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I wouldn't complain. At least you will get tickets while a lot of folks are going to be shut out.
    I can understand his situation though. I don't understand either why they wouldn't send tickets for each of them if they have the different seats.
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    I can understand his situation though. I don't understand either why they wouldn't send tickets for each of them if they have the different seats.

Yeah, it sucks but I think they do that so scalpers don't snatch up all the Opening Day tickets. I believe that is the case for everyone. Even when they sell the individual tickets, I think there's a limit of 2 per order.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

If we had bought 5 one ticket packs we would have had access to 10 opening day tickets!!!! How does that make any sense?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Z, at Redsfest, I talked to a Reds rep about season tickets, and he told me 2 was the limit even though I would have been getting 4 seats in the poackage. What I didn't like was that info wasn't volunteered. In fact, it was presented as an opportunity to buy additional OD tickets. It took several questions to get him to say I could only get 2, even though I was considering 4 seats. I walked away with the impression that the limit was something he was trying to slip on by.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

So wait, are you saying if you buy an 81 game season ticket plan with 4 seats that you actually only get tickets for 80 of the games on two of the seats? If that's the case and their salespeople are trying to hide it, that is just cause for a fraud lawsuit. I'm currently in law school, and my dad owns a practice downtown, he'd love a class action case involving a high profile party like the reds.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    So why is it that the Red's are only allowing 2 opening day tickets per account holder, regardless of the number of seats the account holder has purchased? A group of me and 4 friends each bought a 20-game pack for 2007 and were excited to hear that we could also have early access to purchase the opening day tix. However, we recently learned that they're only allowing us to buy 2 opening day seats because we bought our tix under one name. How is that fair? We all paid for seats ($300+ for the moondeck each) and I think we should all have access to just one ticket each.

Besides that, last year, when we purchased the same 20 game pack under one name, they sent out promotional items like RedsBucks for concessions and Redsfest passes but only gave 2 each for the five seats. So this year, I'm sure we'll get screwed again with these promo items.

After a call to the Reds ticket office and a long conversation with a very nice group ticket salesperson named John, they said they can't do anything. They won't let us split our seats up. They won't make exceptions for people who are in our situation. Basically, they said it was a business decision the club made and that our only recourse is to write a letter to Brad Blettner, the Director of Business Development. That or purchase another 20 game pack. Yeah, right.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is just so frustrating because it feels like they made these ticket packs look so good to buy so you can get early access to opening day tix but in reality, they aren't really allowing all of their fans who've spent their money to get this advantage.
    Because you've bought 1/4 of a season ticket with a 20 game pack, not an actual season ticket.

I have 4 seats, also a 20 game pack. Had it for 2 years now, and never had the option of opening day. In fact, when I saw the advertising for opening day tickets available for new 20 game pack signups, I thought "geez, I missed out on that."

A week later, I got a letter offering me 2 tickets to opening day. I was pleased, and thought it was pretty nice of the Reds to do that, knowing that I actually share my season tickets with 3 other groups, since I only have a 20 game pack.

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    So wait, are you saying if you buy an 81 game season ticket plan with 4 seats that you actually only get tickets for 80 of the games on two of the seats? If that's the case and their salespeople are trying to hide it, that is just cause for a fraud lawsuit. I'm currently in law school, and my dad owns a practice downtown, he'd love a class action case involving a high profile party like the reds.
    No, if you have a full season or weekday plan you would get all of your Opening Day tickets. The ticket option is for people like myself (weekend package) and 20 game plans.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Because you've bought 1/4 of a season ticket with a 20 game pack, not an actual season ticket.

I have 4 seats, also a 20 game pack. Had it for 2 years now, and never had the option of opening day. In fact, when I saw the advertising for opening day tickets available for new 20 game pack signups, I thought "geez, I missed out on that."

A week later, I got a letter offering me 2 tickets to opening day. I was pleased, and thought it was pretty nice of the Reds to do that, knowing that I actually share my season tickets with 3 other groups, since I only have a 20 game pack.
    That's true I had the 20 game package for 2 years and never got OD ticket options. This year, because I had the money, I opted for a full season ticket package despite the other options available.

I echo Chip's comments - just be grateful that you're getting OD ticket options this year because in the past there was none. Read the other thread!

BTW, if you could have the 1 for 1 ratio for packages/OD tickets instead of the 2 ticket limit, I wonder how many tickets WOULD be available for Opening Day?
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-12
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Opening day is overrated anyway. I went one time and will never go again, it was a pain getting to the park, parking and leaving.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Opening day is overrated anyway. I went one time and will never go again, it was a pain getting to the park, parking and leaving.
    Take the bus
    Fixes all the problems.

Opening day is the greatest thing since sliced bread my man.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Take the bus
    Fixes all the problems.

Opening day is the greatest thing since sliced bread my man.
    Did I mention the one opening day game I went to was in 2000 when it rained all day and the game ended in a tie?
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Did I mention the one opening day game I went to was in 2000 when it rained all day and the game ended in a tie?
    Yep, not a fun one.

At least you weren't there when McSherry died. That wasn't fun either. It was unreasoningly hot that day.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I think the Reds are very generous to offer additional tickets to season ticket holders at all. They could simply say you get what you pay for and if you want more you can get in line like everyone else.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Turn Off Ads?