Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: RedsZone Gathering June 15-17

Re: RedsZone Gathering?

A Saturday night game would be cool.

Here's a link to the schedule:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/sched...cin&m=6&y=2007

June would be ideal, but the tickets will probably be hard to come by, since the opponents are CLE, TEX, and STL. The Cardinals game on June 30 would be great.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I don't have that kind of drawing power. I was hoping to hitch my wagon to an existing planned event.
    Point taken.

And, I'd prefer weekday games. But, don't plan around me. Maybe we can do two. One during the weekend and one during the week.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    Well since it appears that I might actually live through the summer, I would be willing to pull something together, but I really don't want to do the *maybe I'll come* ticket thing.

I'm at work <gasp> and probably will be until late Tuesday, but on Wed, I'll set up a poll with all the home weekend games and we can come up with a date.

That work for you all?
    Creek. I haven't been to one of these (I'd love to, but...I'm far away).
    However, I did follow the "poll" process last year and from what I gather, the whole thing didn't work out that well.

My 2 cents. If someone is going to organize this, well...THEY are the boss. They pick the week and games and pretty much set the schedule. Everyone else can either come along for the ride or stay home.

Democracy works for a lot of things. Event planning ISN'T one of them.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I don't know about this - I lost my drinking buddy Zombie to marriage (IE, he's not allowed to party as much). Plus I know RFS will puss out.
    Gesh, what am I, chopped liver?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Creek. I haven't been to one of these (I'd love to, but...I'm far away).

My 2 cents. If someone is going to organize this, well...THEY are the boss.
    I like, no, love the way you think!
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I'm down for a Saturday night game.

I could get a hotel room, and go to the Sunday game as well.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    Gesh, what am I, chopped liver?
    Of course not - i know you'll be out there after the game we go to. I'm more talking pre-game, late late night festivities.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

That one last year really worked out well, didn't it Kitty?

I think there's only one day game on Saturday so there's a lot of choices.

And for those of you who want to go during the week, there's always a few of us who can get together on short notice. Just let us know when you'll be in town and we'll see what we can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Democracy works for a lot of things. Event planning ISN'T one of them.
    As someone who has had to plan such events in the past. I agree. Event planning is a dictatorship. Tell them when, where, what. Once they get there, distract them with bread and circuses.

I wouldn't mind coming down and meeting some redszoners for a Reds game, but I'm booked through July 26th, going through what Caveat went through last summer. Maybe if I swing some tickets for a game later in the season, I'll post a message to see if anyone is game.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    As someone who has had to plan such events in the past. I agree. Event planning is a dictatorship. Tell them when, where, what. Once they get there, distract them with bread and circuses.
    I third this.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

That one last year really worked out well, didn't it Kitty?
    Sure was-didn't you get a free beer bet on me?... What it really came down to is that we need to get better social lives...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Sure was-didn't you get a free beer bet on me?... What it really came down to is that we need to get better social lives...

Sadly, yes.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    GAC is still on the hook for his G2G.
    Bail was finally made. But I don't plan'em.... I just attend them.

But I'm hoping that something will be set up this year. They have always been fun in the past. It's always fun to meet "out of towners". The two-game affair in 2005 was a HUGE success.

If no one else shows up, then let me know the date(s) Johnny and I'd love to get together with you for a game.

If creek does the planning then it is sure to be a huge success. She works for the government and can set up Homeland Security for the event.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post

I wouldn't mind coming down and meeting some redszoners for a Reds game, but I'm booked through July 26th, going through what Caveat went through last summer. Maybe if I swing some tickets for a game later in the season, I'll post a message to see if anyone is game.
    I want to come. I'm just doubtful once again this year. I still owe Alfred a trip to see the White Sox play. Not sure I can do both.

HOWEVER, once the timing is decided ... I agree with the dictatorship idea. A poll to gauge interest is one thing, but once that's out of the way ...

Good luck, Yachtzee.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    Good luck, Yachtzee.
    Thanks, SandyD.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?