Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: RedsZone Gathering June 15-17

RedsZone Gathering June 15-17

It's still early, but I'm interested in making the trek to Cincinnati this year for the annual RedsZone gathering. Anything in the works?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RedsZone Gathering?

Not anymore.

I had talked to a couple people about it (most out of towners) and they didn't appear to be too gung ho about paying for a plane ticket to Cincinnati to see this year's team. Can't blame them.

I'm usually pretty busy with my kids activities in the summer, but most likely could find a weekend night to go see a game.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'd be interested in attending a gathering.

Are they as feisty in person as they can be in the anonimity of cyberspace?

I make a trip back to southern Indiana every summer anyway. I'd be interested in attending if the RedsZone gathering is in the same timeframe.

I don't know if there's gonna be one with White Death and all. We could be all dead by tommorrow. There's no hope.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

All seriousness now, I think the best ones are the one's you can make up at the last minute. Like, if Kitty didn't buy season tickets, she could have had the RedsZone gathering in the Cheap Seats. Cyclone sat in scouts seats.

Or, just toss an announcement here. For instance say the following -

Hey, I'm headed down to the April 5th Businesspersons Special - anybody want to hook up and talk baseball or have soda/beer at the Machine room?
    It's cool like that.

That way creek isn't stuck with a bunch of tickets.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

All seriousness now, I think the best ones are the one's you can make up at the last minute. Like, if Kitty didn't buy season tickets, she could have had the RedsZone gathering in the Cheap Seats. Cyclone sat in scouts seats.

Or, just toss an announcement here. For instance say the following -

Quote:
    Hey, I'm headed down to the April 5th Businesspersons Special - anybody want to hook up and talk baseball or have soda/beer at the Machine room?

It's cool like that.
    I don't have that kind of drawing power. I was hoping to hitch my wagon to an existing planned event.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I don't have that kind of drawing power. It's better if I hitch my wagon to an existing planned event.
    It's the only way for those of us who live outside the local Cincy area.

GAC is still on the hook for his G2G.

I have never attended any RZ gathering because I am afraid folks will find out that I am (if you can believe it) actually a very boring person.

But I'll give it a shot this year. My schedule is a little tough though- I work a lot of Saturdays- but if there is one on a weekend day at a bar downtown, then I would try to make it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Well since it appears that I might actually live through the summer, I would be willing to pull something together, but I really don't want to do the *maybe I'll come* ticket thing.

I'm at work <gasp> and probably will be until late Tuesday, but on Wed, I'll set up a poll with all the home weekend games and we can come up with a date.

That work for you all?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

creek - see if there are any Saturday night games. There probably aren't many of them, and I'd imagine those would be the easiest on everyone's schedules. Saturday night games and Sunday games are the easiest on my schedule for sure. Because drinking for a Sunday day game isn't as fun on Monday, a Sat night game might be best. Anyone else prefer a Sat night game?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Saturday night would be the only way I could make it from SE Michigan - and I'm guessing it'd be a good night for most people who have to drive an hour or two (or more).

I don't know about this - I lost my drinking buddy Zombie to marriage (IE, he's not allowed to party as much). Plus I know RFS will puss out.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I don't know about this - I lost my drinking buddy Zombie to marriage (IE, he's not allowed to party as much). Plus I know RFS will puss out.
    That's pretty much a given. Someone should convince him to buy a Tivo in the meantime so he doesn't have to miss Wheel of Fortune (his main sticking point last time).

Turn Off Ads?