Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feelin' good about the site? Please read...

Feelin' good about the site? Please read...

First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for making our seventh year nothing less than spectacular. I like to think this is one of the better sites on the 'Net and it's clear why...you! We have a very high caliber group of individuals here who, on a daily basis, share great information with us all.

Thank you!

Every year, about this time as Pitchers and Catchers report, we ask for donations to keep the site running smoothly for the season. Hopefully one of these times I'll hit the Mega Millions and this won't be necessary, but until then, it is our way of continuing RedsZone without distracting banner or pop-up ads. As we continue to grow and become more popular, we are solicited more frequently to do this. I would rather not.

Unlike many other websites or forums which rely on this form of intrusive advertising, RedsZone does not and never has. The site is made possible through voluntary donations by members. If you enjoy RedsZone, then please support it by making a donation.

Donations may be made through PayPal (A PayPal account is NOT needed. You can also use a Credit Card or eCheck).

To make a donation, please click the link below:

DONATE!

Mostly though, we're offering that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside for helping out. Of course, nobody is under ANY obligation to participate. If you choose not to donate, it's 100% OK and all your current privileges will continue. If you do, I and everyone else who uses the forum can't thank you enough. You all already make this a pretty cool place to hang out and you'll be keeping that going.

Again, many thanks to all those who participate and make this place what it is!

-Matt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Feelin' good about the site? Please read...

I'm in.

Best money you'll ever spend.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Done and done. According to the site, less than 1% pay anything?

For shame...

(He says, recently ponying up for the first time.)

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

I'm in again. RedsZone is the first place I go every day on the net, even in the off-season. Many thanks to GIK, Boss and all the moderators for continuing to have this forum for all of us.

GIK: You'll see two from me and I intended it that way, so the total of the two is my contribution.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Done. Happy to do it. Although the board has changed quite a bit in the last 12-18 months I still check in almost every day. Like '62 says. Best money you'll ever spend.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Count me in too. Thanks for all the unseen work that goes into keeping this great site running!
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Didn't have to remind me this year. I sent my 2007 Redszone "tax" in a several weeks ago.

(Just kidding...I'm happy to chip in).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I'm a first-time donator. I'm a poor student, so I paid what I could, but I was wondering: is there some kind of gauge or an amount that would be deemed "appropriate"?

The amount you feel comfortable with is the amount I recommend. Honestly, it differs for each person and every amount is greatly appreciated. Based upon donations from last year, however, the "normal" range was $20-30.

Thanks to all who have helped us thus far!

Done. Nice that you can offer straight CC pmt too for those who don't have paypal.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Done. Nice that you can offer straight CC pmt too for those who don't have paypal.
    Agreed.

I think the last time I tried to donate, I needed a Pay Pal account, and didn't have one.

Anyway, this is pretty much the best message board I've ever been a part of (even though I rarely contribute), so it's definitely money well spent.

Go Reds.

I'm in!
    This place is the best. I enjoy it everytime I come by for a visit -
    thank you - ALL!

Done!
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

I always enjoy making the annual co-pay for my therapy.

So, is there any other way other than paypal to make a donation?

I hate paypal(long story, but you can visit paypalsucks.com for a list of horror stories), and refuse to use their services. Could I send a money order somewhere?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?