Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feelin' good about the site? Please read...

Feelin' good about the site? Please read...

First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for making our seventh year nothing less than spectacular. I like to think this is one of the better sites on the 'Net and it's clear why...you! We have a very high caliber group of individuals here who, on a daily basis, share great information with us all.

Thank you!

Every year, about this time as Pitchers and Catchers report, we ask for donations to keep the site running smoothly for the season. Hopefully one of these times I'll hit the Mega Millions and this won't be necessary, but until then, it is our way of continuing RedsZone without distracting banner or pop-up ads. As we continue to grow and become more popular, we are solicited more frequently to do this. I would rather not.

Unlike many other websites or forums which rely on this form of intrusive advertising, RedsZone does not and never has. The site is made possible through voluntary donations by members. If you enjoy RedsZone, then please support it by making a donation.

Donations may be made through PayPal (A PayPal account is NOT needed. You can also use a Credit Card or eCheck).

To make a donation, please click the link below:

DONATE!

Mostly though, we're offering that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside for helping out. Of course, nobody is under ANY obligation to participate. If you choose not to donate, it's 100% OK and all your current privileges will continue. If you do, I and everyone else who uses the forum can't thank you enough. You all already make this a pretty cool place to hang out and you'll be keeping that going.

Again, many thanks to all those who participate and make this place what it is!

-Matt

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Feelin' good about the site? Please read...

Thanks for the reminder, GIK.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Thanks, I will donate. I don't think any of us would mind ad's at the top right of the page as long as they were not pop-up's or blinking. We know this site takes money to operate and with the amount of traffic it gets, you could sell ads easy. Just my opinion. Extra money could help put a little pocket change in the mods pockets for all the time and work they put into helping keep this site 1st class.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Thanks, I will donate. I don't think any of us would mind ad's at the top right of the page as long as they were not pop-up's or blinking. We know this site takes money to operate and with the amount of traffic it gets, you could sell ads easy. Just my opinion. Extra money could help put a little pocket change in the mods pockets for all the time and work they put into helping keep this site 1st class.
    I'm all about doubling the mods current salary.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    I'm all about doubling the mods current salary.
    Why stop there lets quadruple that bad boy they've had a good year.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I don't know if this is something that is offered or has been considered, but have you thought about offering up reputation points for donations? I don't think you should be able to buy your way to 200 or anything, but what about a max of 25 or something? I think it would maybe encourage donations. Just a thought.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I don't know if this is something that is offered or has been considered, but have you thought about offering up reputation points for donations? I don't think you should be able to buy your way to 200 or anything, but what about a max of 25 or something? I think it would maybe encourage donations. Just a thought.
    if people will donate then w/e. I vote that everyone just donate to me though

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Maybe I speak for only myself, but I think that being able to post to a board that is almost completely free of trolling, spamming, and juvenile antics while still maintaining a free discourse with insightful analysis, humor and a great atmosphere is incentive enough to cough a couple bucks up.

If you like the site and use it frequently, just consider donating to keep it exactly the way it is -- a great place to talk with fellow Reds fans.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I can't say enough about this site. Especially after the '06 my family had. It's far more then a simple sports forum. I see it more as a circle of great friends who are involved.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

And for those of you without a paypal account paypal is now letting you just use a direct CC payment w/out creating an account. I just did it.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I definately will, But I do agree that a few ads wouldn't be that bad as long as not flashing ads or pop ups, but a few links or something that would add to the funds would not be frowned upon

It's always been the goal of Redszone to operate free of ads. In seven years, Redszone hasn't seen a single ad.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Since moving from Northern Kentucky to Austin a year and a half ago, Redszone is my main source of Reds news. I'm more than happy to donate.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Done. Should get you another fifteen minutes' worth of hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    Done. Should get you another fifteen minutes' worth of hookers and blow.
    I only need ten.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?