Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Gotta Love Ticketmaster

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Gotta Love Ticketmaster

Needed to vent a bit...

This morning, I Bought my tickets to see the Police at Air Canada Center (Toronto)in July. As it is in Canada, the prices came across in Canadian Dollars...$59.50CD per ticket. Fine.

Then the fees kick in... $1.75 facility fee, $11.25 convenience fee, $4.25 order processing fee...Total for two seats...$149.25CD.

Gotta love a 30% surcharge...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gotta Love Ticketmaster

I hate Ticketmaster. I realize the convenience fees are where they make their money, but it really irritates when I buy a $15 ticket that cost me $33.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Needed to vent a bit...

This morning, I Bought my tickets to see the Police at Air Canada Center (Toronto)in July. As it is in Canada, the prices came across in Canadian Dollars...$59.50CD per ticket. Fine.

Then the fees kick in... $1.75 facility fee, $11.25 convenience fee, $4.25 order processing fee...Total for two seats...$149.25CD.

Gotta love a 30% surcharge...
    Wait are you complaining about the surcharge or that they got your order wrong and sent you tickets for the Police?
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 02-18-2007 at 11:12 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Wait are you complaining that the surcharge or that they got your order wrong and sent you tickets for the Police?
    :-)

I am visiting my parents this weekend and tried to explain to my mother that she should pay the fees as the last time the Police toured (1983) she would not allow me to go. So , in effect, it is her fault that I have to pay these fees.

No luck...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

"Convenience Fee"

That always cracks me up.

That's why they're called TicketBastard.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Ticketmaster is the Devil.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    "Convenience Fee"

That always cracks me up.

That's why they're called TicketBastard.
    I hate the "Convenience Fee" with Ticketmaster too -- but when you consider that the alternative used to be actually having to go to the venue where the event was occuring and camp-out for tickets in front of the box office, $11 doesn't sound quite so bad.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I absolutely despise Ticketmaster and their practices. But this, too, goes back to the ol' free enterprise thing. As long as people are willing to fork over the money despite the ridiculous contrived fees, they'll keep charging it. If people ever decide that they've had enough and attendance at these events starts to decline, then either the artists, show promoters, or Ticketmaster are going to have to come down on the price.

The high cost of concerts is the reason we haven't been to one in six or seven years. The face value prices have gotten ridiculous, and then you've got Ticketmaster sitting around trying to see what new fees they can dream up. They don't even have to print the tickets anymore! We do that at home using our own ink and paper!

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I absolutely despise Ticketmaster and their practices. But this, too, goes back to the ol' free enterprise thing. As long as people are willing to fork over the money despite the ridiculous contrived fees, they'll keep charging it. If people ever decide that they've had enough and attendance at these events starts to decline, then either the artists, show promoters, or Ticketmaster are going to have to come down on the price.

The high cost of concerts is the reason we haven't been to one in six or seven years. The face value prices have gotten ridiculous, and then you've got Ticketmaster sitting around trying to see what new fees they can dream up. They don't even have to print the tickets anymore! We do that at home using our own ink and paper!
    I agree...it is just the nature of the beast. Capitalism at it's finest. I am waiting for the artist that sells all seats in an auction format.

I'm taking my four-year-old to see the monster trucks at the Scott next month. Went online to get tix...$20 for adults, $5 for kids. We're taking some friends so it should be $50 for four tix, right? Wrong...$75 because of all the "fees." I don't get the convenience thing. To me it seems like it's a bigger convenience for Ticketmaster than it is for us. After all, they don't have to hire anyone to take my money, they don't have to print out a ticket, etc. ...yet I get whacked for the convenience fee. Anyway...I bailed, determined to find another way to buy the tix. Then it dawned on me...I'll be at the Schott this Wednesday for the OSU/PSU b-ball game (Go Bucks). I'll just buy the tix at the box office and save myself $25.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I was mad when they were not touring and I wanted to see them but you have to respect the fight they fought.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Ticketmaster is the Devil.
    That's why I call them "Ticketmassuh"

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I was mad when they were not touring and I wanted to see them but you have to respect the fight they fought.
    The funniest part about that whole mess, was the tour they did after using Ticketmaster the ticket prices ended up being just about the same as they were before.

Turn Off Ads?