Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN fires Michael Irvin

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

ESPN fires Michael Irvin

Considering how little they had on Harold Reynolds when they fired him - I'm shocked that it took this long to "not extend" Michael's contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

[img]NFL analyst Michael Irvin no longer with ESPN
    ESPN.com news services

ESPN announced that Michael Irvin, who had been an NFL analyst for ESPN since 2003, is no longer with the network.

ESPN Communications Vice President Josh Krulewitz issued a statement, saying "We thank Michael for his contributions to ESPN and wish him well."

Irvin retired in 2002 after 12 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame during Super Bowl festivities two weeks ago.[/img]

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN fires Michael Irvin

Happy day!! Blathering idiocy taken to new, staggering heights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Now maybe Tom Jackson can return to form. Sitting him next to that braying jackass dropped his I.Q. a bunch.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Good riddance! It's amazing that arse was on for so long.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Now the others won't have to kiss his ass the next time he does or says something stupid. Knowing them, though, I assume w\they will bring in someone like him.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

What is Harold Reynolds doing these days? Anyone know?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    What is Harold Reynolds doing these days? Anyone know?
    Last I heard he tried to catch on with TBS or Fox to do some national coverage, but I haven't heard of anything that's been signed to do yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a year off and pop up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Now maybe Tom Jackson can return to form. Sitting him next to that braying jackass dropped his I.Q. a bunch.
    Someone, something certainly has made Jackson angry the last few years. He's actually as angry an analyst as I can recall.

I will miss his suits.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Pehaps Michael Irvin should become a drug counselor. We all know that he will confiscate a friend's crack-pipe and keep it in his car so the friend will not have a tool to do the evil drug. Heck of friend. Will risk arrest for possession drug paraphenelia to help a friend. A guy like this could help many other addicts. I am sure he'd confiscate their drugs too... all for their own good of course.

Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Pehaps Michael Irvin should become a drug counselor. We all know that he will confiscate a friend's crack-pipe and keep it in his car so the friend will not have a tool to do the evil drug. Heck of friend. Will risk arrest for possession drug paraphenelia to help a friend. A guy like this could help many other addicts. I am sure he'd confiscate their drugs too... all for their own good of course.

That's such a jaded view, man. You don't know Michael Irvin at all.
    A couple years back, I met him at Dulles Airport. He was in the bathroom, eating balloons full of medicine for a poor kid in New York City. Obviously, he knew TSA would confiscate the stuff.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

this is good news--albeit long overdue--i never understood how michael irvin kept his espn gig when others were let go for far less...good riddance..he was overrated as an analyst and was embarassing to listen to on the Dan Patrick show...

I liked him better than Shannon Sharpe. But that's not saying much.

He'll resurface on the NFL network, just watch.

Awesome.

Irvin = very annoying, loud & unintelligent

Turn Off Ads?