Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jeter Mantle baseball card?

Haunted by walks

Jeter Mantle baseball card?

Has anybody heard about, or even better seen, a Topps baseball card of Derek Jeter that has Mickey Mantle Photoshopped and in uniform in the dugout and President Bush in the stands?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeter Mantle baseball card?

Jeter Mantle was one of my favorite players growing up. Great arm.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

I was always partial to Shaquille Cousy.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

I took a quick search and found nothing about it - it is possible this is from the 2007 set. The first series will be released today, if I am not mistaken.
    Topps is running a promotion in which clues are given to unlock a Mickey Mantle cheat in a video game (name escapes my mind...will do another search for it)

EDIT: MLB 2K7

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I was always partial to Shaquille Cousy.
    Too many off the court problems for my liking, but to each his own.

Found this on a blog...

Jeter, Mantle, and Bush
    Thu, 02/15/2007 - 11:50pm — Timbo
    Wednesday night, Keith Olbermann showed a card from the soon to be released 2007 Topps Baseball card series. It turns out that Derek Jeter's card had a little Photoshop work done to it. In the dugout stands a young Mickey Mantle from his playing days and up in the stands behind the dugout is George Bush walking down the steps. I wonder if this was something the company was in on or if it was just one bored editor that threw this in. Also, Kudos to Olbermann who was given the first pack of 2007 cards to open on the air on Tuesday and he showed this on Wednesday. Either him or someone on his staff was clearly paying attention.
    http://www.mccarthytexas.com/

Jeter Mantle, the younger brother of Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle, never quite enjoyed the baseball success of his older sibling. Jeter, a right fielder, was drafted by the St Louis Cardinals following his graduation from high school in 1953, and spent two uneventful years in their minor league system before his retirement in 1955.

Jeter Mantle, now 71 years old, lives in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma with his wife of fifty years, Matilda.

( Just pokin' at ya, BCubb! )

Haunted by walks

Two bad he wrecked his knee. He could have been the next Griffey McPhee.

Turn Off Ads?