Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Majewski

Majewski

Does anyone think Bowden didn't know he was sending the Reds damaged goods when he sent Majewski to the Reds?

Looks like ole' Leather Pants really got one over on Krivsky and the Reds. Hopefully they'll be once bitten, twice shy when dealing with a used car salesman. (Apologies in advance to any used car salesman.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Majewski

OK, so let's say the Reds file a grievance (what's taking so long anyway?) and win. Does anyone have any specific information on what might be presented as compensation?..... I mean do we get some new baseballs and a season pass to as many 'Nat's games as a person can stomach, or something real (like another (good) reliever)??

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Does anyone think Bowden didn't know he was sending the Reds damaged goods when he sent Majewski to the Reds?
    nm.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Looks like ole' Leather Pants really got one over on Krivsky and the Reds. Hopefully they'll be once bitten, twice shy when dealing with a used car salesman. (Apologies in advance to any used car salesman.)

If you'd said (Apologies in advance to seminal 80's hair band Great White), this would have been a winning post.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

What I'm curious about is, if the Reds prevail, what is the compensation exactly? In a story last summer, the Washington Post quoted an MLB spokesman as saying there was precedent for "awarding compensation", but didn't cite any previous cases. Anyone else recall anything like this?

I would think they would be compensated by draft picks, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    If you'd said (Apologies in advance to seminal 80's hair band Great White), this would have been a winning post.
    I would have does so had I used the words "my, my, my" before once bitten, twice shy.

I would have does so had I used the words "my, my, my" before once bitten, twice shy.
    After I ran this through the Babelfish Translator on Altavista.com, it finally made sense:

Ich würde also hatte mich verwendete die Wörter haben ", die meine sind, mein, mein" vorher gebissen einmal, zweimal schüchtern.

I don't really buy that too much... I'm sure Bowden knew Majik had some pain in his arm, but I don't think thats why he did the deal. He did the deal because the core of the deal boiled down to two relievers for a starting SS (2b I guess) and a starting RFer.

Turn Off Ads?