Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McFarlane Cincinnati Reds Johnny Bench Cooperstown Series 4 Action Figure

McFarlane Cincinnati Reds Johnny Bench Cooperstown Series 4 Action Figure

McFarlane Cincinnati Reds Johnny Bench Cooperstown Series 4 Action Figure

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.js...441&cp=1452348

# McFarlane Johnny Bench Action Figure in his Cincinnati reds Uniform.
    # All new, never seen-before sculpt. Kick off the 2007 baseball season with the newest collection, Cooperstown 4.

Ships in 4-5 weeks.

I've seen these for as little as 10 bucks on other sites, but this looks like a neat set. The new collection includes:

Ted Williams
    Ozzie Smith
    Roger Maris
    Joe DiMaggio
    Steve Carlton

I don't own any of these, but after checking them out, I may have to get into it.
    Last edited by Jpup; 02-19-2007 at 10:45 PM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: McFarlane Cincinnati Reds Johnny Bench Cooperstown Series 4 Action Figure

I have one of Griffey and one of Dunn. They look pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as that one.

I have about 100 Kenner Starting Lineups in my basement. This beats those by a little bit.

The detail on the figure is cool, but the pose is lame. It looks like something out of America's Funnies Home Videos.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    The detail on the figure is cool, but the pose is lame. It looks like something out of America's Funnies Home Videos.
    That is a very, very interesting pose indeed!!!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

McFarlane does an awesome job of replicating players. I love their figures. I have a couple of football figures: Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis; and baseball figures: Ken Griffey, Adam Dunn, and Victor Martinez. I will be adding this Johnny Bench to my collection because Bench is one of my favorite players of all time.

I will admit, as Johnny said, that his pose is pretty lame. It is better than Ozzie Smith's though, of him doing his "flip". Lame.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

They should have done him stepping out in front of home plate gunning down a runner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

This figure is one of the best figures McFarlane has come out with, in any sport. I cant believe some of you guys dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    They should have done him stepping out in front of home plate gunning down a runner
    Throwing from his knees would have been cool.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    McFarlane does an awesome job of replicating players. I love their figures. I have a couple of football figures: Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis; and baseball figures: Ken Griffey, Adam Dunn, and Victor Martinez. I will be adding this Johnny Bench to my collection because Bench is one of my favorite players of all time.

I didn't realize they had produced an Adam Dunn figure. What's he doing? Lounging in a leather chair? Walking to his position? Watching strike 3 whistle by?

Throwing from his knees would have been cool.
    I had always hoped the McFarlane would do a Benito Santiago figure like that. He was one of the catchers I loved to watch growing up and tried to emulate as a player behind the plate.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I didn't realize they had produced an Adam Dunn figure. What's he doing? Lounging in a leather chair? Walking to his position? Watching strike 3 whistle by?
    Nope.

To Marty's surprise, he's just flat our raking:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McfarlaneDunn.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	4436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mlb3_adunn_photo_02_dp.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	4437  
    Last edited by Red Leader; 02-20-2007 at 10:55 AM.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I also collect these, good post! I don't mind the pose, I mean, the guy's going over the fence to grab a ball...did you expect him to be posing? Haha, anyway, I'm gonna grab one of these.

I have every bobblehead from the past 4 years too!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Or they could have had him taking a third strike in the world series against Oakland when he thought they were intentionally walking him. Sorry, everybody, I just couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    Or they could have had him taking a third strike in the world series against Oakland when he thought they were intentionally walking him. Sorry, everybody, I just couldn't resist.
    What a great way to memorialize in a single pose the greatest catcher of all-time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Turn Off Ads?