http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...00053/-1/CINCI

The University of Cincinnati is investigating allegations that four current football players and four recruits engaged in sex acts with a former UC soccer player during a recruiting visit.

The allegations were brought to the attention of UC president Nancy Zimpher, Daniel Cummins, director of judicial affairs; and Barbara Rinto, director of the UC Women’s Center in a letter that was dated Feb. 14 and signed, “A Concerned Athletic Department Employee.”

UC spokesman Greg Hand acknowledged today that the university is “conducting an investigation.”

“Daniel did get the letter and all I can say is that we’re looking into it at this point,” Hand said.

According to the letter, the sex acts took place during a party at which alcohol was served, that the sex acts were videotaped and that the tapes have been circulated around UC dormitories.

Rinto said she first saw the letter on Monday.

“What I would say to you is I got it and we are investigating the allegations in the letter,” Rinto said. “You want to pull it apart and find out what’s going on. Daniel and I and several others are proceeding to investigate the allegations in the letter…It’s a priority.”

If the allegations are true, Hand said, the student-athletes involved would have violated the university code of conduct and possibly regulations involving residence halls as well as athletic department policies regarding on-campus recruiting visits.

At this point, there are no allegations of criminal conduct.

“We just don’t know what we have,” Hand said. “The facts are that there are anonymous allegations and we’re trying to find answers.”