Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Day and Single Ticket Sales: Info Released

redsgabp

Re: Opening Day and Single Ticket Sales: Info Released

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I bought the Power Pack last season. It's good for one reason: Opening Day. You pay extra for the Cleveland series, which in my opinion has lost its flavor. Also, last season some of the Firework Nights were half price nights.

I'd much rather have a package with Opening Day and the Bobblehead nights.

why would they put bobblehead nights in the power packs?
    that is one of the nights that they should sell out.

dont take this the wrong way BUT
    imo you are the normal bad reds fan. what you want is opening day, bobblehead nights, and anything else you can get for nothing.

here is a list of games that i really want to see.
    opening day
    reds vs washington / see how our former reds are doing
    reds vs indians / it's always a good game
    reds vs angels / want to see Vladimir Guerrero
    reds vs rangers / hopefully sammy will be with them.
    reds vs giants / i want to boo barry out of the stadium!
    reds vs braves / braves use to be the team. how they have fallen.
    and i want to see homer baileys first start. whoever that comes against.

i can honestly say to you i don't know any dates of the bobblehead games.
    i'm there for baseball, not a $3 made in china bobblehead!
    Last edited by redsgabp; 02-24-2007 at 09:51 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My dad and I plan to purchase the Power Pack and go to as many games as possible and sell or give away the one's I can't attend. I should be able to attend the majority of them since most of the firework nights fall on a Saturday...and I'll find a way to attend all three games vs the Indians.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by redsgabp View Post
    you are the normal bad reds fan. what you want is opening day, bobblehead nights, and anything else you can get for nothing.
    The "normal bad reds fan" huh? What would you call the people who buy the $5 tickets on bobblehead night and then walk in the gate, get their toy and then leave to put it on EBay? I happen to have a large collection of bobbleheads in my Reds room (all bad reds fans have a room in their house devoted to Reds memorabilia as well), thus I like to attend bobblehead nights. I don't really care much about "anything else I can get for nothing" that is given away at GABP and live 2 1/2 hours away, so I have to pick and choose which games I attend. Last season, I bought the Power Pack and tickets for bobblehead games. I am not particularly fond of seeing the Reds play Cleveland (especially since the tickets cost more) and Fireworks are not my cup of tea. Therefore, I'd rather see the package include some popular games that will sell out so I can purchase seats ahead of time and be guaranteed a ticket and not have to purchase them seperately or off Ebay. Plus, it reserves the bobblehead nights for people who purchase the package instead of the guys that want to scalp them on Ebay, for much more than $3 I might add.

If like baseball so much and want to see the games you mentioned, I'd gladly trade you the three Cleveland game tickets and the SF game from the Power Pack for tickets to the four bobblehead games.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    The "normal bad reds fan" huh? What would you call the people who buy the $5 tickets on bobblehead night and then walk in the gate, get their toy and then leave to put it on EBay? I happen to have a large collection of bobbleheads in my Reds room (all bad reds fans have a room in their house devoted to Reds memorabilia as well), thus I like to attend bobblehead nights. I don't really care much about "anything else I can get for nothing" that is given away at GABP and live 2 1/2 hours away, so I have to pick and choose which games I attend. Last season, I bought the Power Pack and tickets for bobblehead games. I am not particularly fond of seeing the Reds play Cleveland (especially since the tickets cost more) and Fireworks are not my cup of tea. Therefore, I'd rather see the package include some popular games that will sell out so I can purchase seats ahead of time and be guaranteed a ticket and not have to purchase them seperately or off Ebay. Plus, it reserves the bobblehead nights for people who purchase the package instead of the guys that want to scalp them on Ebay, for much more than $3 I might add.

If like baseball so much and want to see the games you mentioned, I'd gladly trade you the three Cleveland game tickets and the SF game from the Power Pack for tickets to the four bobblehead games.
    like i said don't take it the wrong way because i wasn't aware of your situation.

i can imagine being 2 1/2 hours away would impact the games that you go to.

i can agree with you that it's kindive stupid for the reds to put 3 games of a series all in your pack.

like i said earlier no hard feelings.
    hope to see you at the stadium.

Crusher78

If you buy the PowerPack are you guaranteed a shot at tickets for all playoff games? Not trying to be over confident. Just curious, any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    The Power Pack last year gave me the peace of mind regarding OD... Of course, living close and going on average 40 games a year... I had no trouble going to the other games in the pack, and considering the choices of trying my luck online, ebay, scalper, or not going at all and the cost of the 3 of 4, it was worth it.

Red in Chicago got the Power Pack last year... how many games did you end up going to RIC?
    me and my dad went to opening day...i think i only saw one other game from the power pack...i ended up giving away most of them...most of the power pack dates didn't work for me, but i have no regrets

i did however get to drive in for the white sox series (that was ugly) and i think one other cub game...last year was my first opening day and i did it mostly for my dad, who is a lifelong cub fan...i will try again this year for the power pack tickets even if i won't be able to go to all of the other games that are included...

Turn Off Ads?