Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day and Single Ticket Sales: Info Released

Opening Day and Single Ticket Sales: Info Released

I know everyone has been wondering about this...well, here's the definitive information.

Ticket announcement

Here's what the Reds released on the Opening Day tickets:

OPENING DAY TICKET AVAILABILITY

CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds are giving fans different options to purchase tickets to the 2007 Opening Day game against the Chicago Cubs, scheduled for 2:10 p.m. on Monday, April 2 at Great American Ball Park.

Select-A-Seat Day: Saturday (2/24) is the last day to guarantee Opening Day ticket options on all applicable season plans. From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, the Reds are inviting fans to sit in and choose their own seats at Great American Ball Park. Reds Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Browning will greet guests from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.. With the purchase of a season plan, fans will receive 2 free vouchers for admission to the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum. Details are available at reds.com.

Power Pack Sale: At 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 3, available only online at reds.com. The 11-game package includes tickets to all 3 games of the first series of the season, including Opening Day, all 5 fireworks nights and the June 8-10 series against the Indians.

Opening Day Ticket Opportunity: From March 5-6, fans can register online at reds.com to win the chance to purchase any Opening Day tickets still available after the season and Power Pack sales. Fans who win the opportunity to purchase Opening Day tickets will be notified via email beginning March 7 and will have until noon ET on March 9 to purchase a designated number of tickets. Additional information is available at reds.com.

March 10 On-Sale Date: Tickets for all 2007 regular-season games - with the exception of Opening Day - will go on sale at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 10 by phone at (513) 381-REDS or (877) 647-REDS, via the internet at reds.com and in person at the Great American Ball Park ticket windows at Second and Main Streets and at all area Meijer stores.

Ticket prices range from $5 to $40. There is an additional $10 charge per ticket for Opening Day, a $5 charge per ticket for Premier Games (vs Cle 6/8-6/10, vs StL 6/29-7/1, vs Chi 7/27-7/29) and a $2 charge per ticket for Select Games (vs Tex 6/15-6/17, vs Ari 7/6-7/8, vs SD 8/10-8/12, vs Fla 8/24-8/26).

Beginning Monday, March 12, Great American Ball Park ticket windows will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m..

Information on season ticket, group ticket and premium seating packages is available at reds.com or by calling (513) 765-7000.

Reds' 11-Game Power Pack
    On Sale March 3 At Reds.Com
    Mon 4/2 Opening Day vs Chi 2:10
    Wed 4/4 First Night Game vs Chi 7:10
    Thu 4/5 Business Day vs Chi 12:35
    Fri 5/25 Fireworks Night vs Pit 7:10
    Fri 6/8 Interleague vs Cle 7:10
    Sat 6/9 Interleague vs Cle 7:10
    Sun 6/10 Interleague vs Cle 1:15
    Fri 6/29 Fireworks Night vs StL 7:10
    Tue 7/3 Fireworks Night vs SF 7:10
    Fri 7/27 Fireworks Night vs Chi 7:10
    Fri 8/24 Fireworks Night vs Fla 7:10
    $257 per -ticket package in View Level Box/Mezzanine
    $246 per 11-ticket package in Terrace Outfield
    $180 per 11-ticket package in View Level
    $147 per 11-ticket package in Bleachers
    $92 per 11-ticket package in Outer View Level
    Online service charges apply

posted by John Fay at 3:45 PM

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day and Single Ticket Sales: Info Released

Looks like I won't be going to opening day again this year.

Thanks for the info.

Needless to say, this will be the first time in a long time that I haven't been to Opening Day. I'm still trying to pull some strings though.

ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    ebay.

$$$$$$

I don't have a problem getting tickets for any game...except for Opening Day, and mine are free!

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    $$$$$$

I don't have a problem getting tickets for any game...except for Opening Day, and mine are free!
    do you still have connections to the reds?

if i could get a 2007 team signed baseball, I think i could depart with my 2 extra opening day tickets.

and that would have to include that pesky griffey jr auto.
    i know he signed some bs thing with uper deck i think.

Quote Originally Posted by redsgabp View Post
    do you still have connections to the reds?

if i could get a 2007 team signed baseball, I think i could depart with my 2 extra opening day tickets.

and that would have to include that pesky griffey jr auto.
    i know he signed some bs thing with uper deck i think.
    Well, that would be hard for me to get without being there...and I won't be down at the Stadium before Opening Day and most likely not even on Opening Day.

Besides, the team usually strolls into town a day or two before the first game so it would be difficult to get a ball like that even if I was there.

That's a very generous offer though, I appreciate it and I wish that we could work it out, but unfortunately we can't.

My opinion goes in a slightly different direction than most on this...

I go to Opening Day every year. I drive in from Illinois and it's a real event for me. I've gone since the 1970's as a kid. In recent years if my redial wasn't sat enough (or at least faster than the Cubs fans) I've ended up paying several times ace for my tix. This was especially true for the last game at Riverfront and the first at GABP. I find myself faced with two scenarios:

1) Do Opening Day the old way and pay some Cubs fan who got in before me five or six times face for tickets for one game only to endure several thousand Cubs fans at the game,

OR

2) Do Opening Day tickets this way, buy the Power Pack, go to a few more games than I normally might from Illinois, give some away to friends and family and hopefully provide a disincentive to the keep most of the Cubs fans away (at least for Opening Day).

I know my situation is atypical and that buying the PowerPack is not an option for everyone (heaven knows it wouldn't have been for me growing up). However, for a lifelong Reds fan that can afford it this approach is infinitely preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    My opinion goes in a slightly different direction than most on this...

I go to Opening Day every year. I drive in from Illinois and it's a real event for me. I've gone since the 1970's as a kid. In recent years if my redial wasn't sat enough (or at least faster than the Cubs fans) I've ended up paying several times ace for my tix. This was especially true for the last game at Riverfront and the first at GABP. I find myself faced with two scenarios:

1) Do Opening Day the old way and pay some Cubs fan who got in before me five or six times face for tickets for one game only to endure several thousand Cubs fans at the game,

OR

2) Do Opening Day tickets this way, buy the Power Pack, go to a few more games than I normally might from Illinois, give some away to friends and family and hopefully provide a disincentive to the keep most of the Cubs fans away (at least for Opening Day).

I know my situation is atypical and that buying the PowerPack is not an option for everyone (heaven knows it wouldn't have been for me growing up). However, for a lifelong Reds fan that can afford it this approach is infinitely preferable.
    The Power Pack last year gave me the peace of mind regarding OD... Of course, living close and going on average 40 games a year... I had no trouble going to the other games in the pack, and considering the choices of trying my luck online, ebay, scalper, or not going at all and the cost of the 3 of 4, it was worth it.

Red in Chicago got the Power Pack last year... how many games did you end up going to RIC?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy a couple of power packs...there are games I probably wont attend, but to have the opening day tix in advance will be cool--make it more enjoyable to go to the opening day parade and all the hoopla without worrying about getting tix from someone with extras before the game...

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy a couple of power packs...there are games I probably wont attend, but to have the opening day tix in advance will be cool--make it more enjoyable to go to the opening day parade and all the hoopla without worrying about getting tix from someone with extras before the game...

Or....buy the power pack...sell the opening day tickets on Ebay, and voila...you most likely just paid for a large portion of your power pack. So, essentially, you'd be ending up with one awesome deal on a power pack.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I hear ya, crew...but the main reason I'm buying the packs is for the opening day tix.....

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    I hear ya, crew...but the main reason I'm buying the packs is for the opening day tix.....
    That was my motive last year as well...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I'm going to register to buy any leftover tickets (which is doubtful), but I noticed this little caveat on the Reds webpage about details

Major League Baseball game dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner Of Baseball and/or the Cincinnati Reds, as applicable, and may be subject to change. You may not resell any tickets purchased in connection with the drawing or use such tickets for promotional purposes. Registrations are non-transferable with no cash redemptions or substitutions. All sales are final
    Interesting little insert there. I wonder if I can sell the rights for someone to join me for the game?

Old Red Guard Reject

I bought the Power Pack last season. It's good for one reason: Opening Day. You pay extra for the Cleveland series, which in my opinion has lost its flavor. Also, last season some of the Firework Nights were half price nights.

I'd much rather have a package with Opening Day and the Bobblehead nights.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Turn Off Ads?