Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I need advice for reds parking. and I need it tonight.

redsgabp

I need advice for reds parking. and I need it tonight.

Since I have season tickets, I was offered a full season parking pass to the Central Riverfront Garage. This is the garage that is at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center.

Last year I paid for parking in between the reds and bengals stadium, in that open lot. It was a game by game basis.

The price of the garage vs the open lot I parked at last year is about the same.

Has anyone ever parked at this garage before?

Pros vs Cons?

easy to get out of?

thanks for your guys help!

I have to decide tonight, because if I do go with the garage, I will have to mail it out tomorrow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I need advice for reds parking. and I need it tonight.

Go for it if what you said was true about the pricing being about the same. I had no trouble (my company has a parking pass in that garage) using the area (getting in and out of). If it's truely the garage then it is sheltered from the elements, plus you can use either the steps or elevator.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Go for it if what you said was true about the pricing being about the same. I had no trouble (my company has a parking pass in that garage) using the area (getting in and out of). If it's truely the garage then it is sheltered from the elements, plus you can use either the steps or elevator.
    Well last year the open lot was $10 a game.
    It was a pain in the butt to get out of.

This garage is about $12 a game.
    It looks easier to get out of.
    It's in the garage so it will be sheltered from rain / sun
    and if my memory is correct, it's closer as well.
    -----------------------------------------------------

i just want to weigh all my options.

thanks for everybody who responds.
    Last edited by redsgabp; 02-21-2007 at 07:37 PM.

I've never parked there for a game, but have parked there to go to the URFC. It's a decent garage and is closer to the ballpark. It's sort of funky to get to down by PBS.

redsgabp

i found a link to the garage googlin around

http://cincyworldcinema.org/images/nurfc_sat-05.jpg

it just shows it from a google earth picture

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I've never parked there for a game, but have parked there to go to the URFC. It's a decent garage and is closer to the ballpark. It's sort of funky to get to down by PBS.

from that map it looks like you can get there pretty easy.
    it shows how to get there from 75 South to downtown:

Exit off
    5th street
    7th Street
    Freeman Avenue

and you can exit off Third street off 71 south

and it even shows a few ways to go from covington area.

I park there daily for work, and have never had a problem. The only "drawback", if you want to even consider it as such, is that the only entrance is from Central. So if you're coming from the East side of town down 71 or NKY via 471 or Newport, you have to go around the stadiums and then double back via Pete Rose Way.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    I park there daily for work, and have never had a problem. The only "drawback", if you want to even consider it as such, is that the only entrance is from Central. So if you're coming from the East side of town down 71 or NKY via 471 or Newport, you have to go around the stadiums and then double back via Pete Rose Way.
    If I'm coming to the ballpark from work on I-71 (and have a pass) I take 3rd all the way down to Central, turn left, then turn left on Pete Rose Way. If I'm coming in via I-75 I get off on the 2nd Street exit, turn left on Elm and then left on Central,, then left on Pete Rose Way. You can go Meihring Way and come up around PBS coming from I-71/I-471.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Yup, I've parked there. If you park at the end closest to the stadium, there's an elevator right there that takes you to the street level... it's a modest walk from there.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I park on KY side at the end of Madison and walk across the river, short 10 min. walk or less, for $3 a game, over the duration of my 42 game weekday package I spend a little more than $120 a year.

MLB Mock Draft
    2009:
    2. Dustin Ackley 27. Tyler Skaggs 33. Kyle Heckathorn 51. Nick Franklin 82. Billy Bullock

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    I park on KY side at the end of Madison and walk across the river, short 10 min. walk or less, for $3 a game, over the duration of my 42 game weekday package I spend a little more than $120 a year.
    that's a good option for people from N Ky.
    $3 is pretty cheap.

i need parking on the ohio side.

the only thing I wouldn't like about that is walking across the bridge.

we all know cincy isin't the safest town around and about once or twice a year you hear about people hurt / killed walking across the bridges from cincy to ky and back.

with all that walking, especially in summer time you will get your in shape lol!

We come in from Dayton on I-75 and we sit on the first base side. Thus, the Freedom Center garage is the best for us. We get off at the Freeman exit, take it to Mehring Way and turn left, then turn left where Pete Rose way intersects Mehring. That takes you right into the garage. It's just a couple blocks walk to the yard and we're already on the same side as our seats.

When we leave, we simply drive out on Pete Rose Way and take a right onto Central. Just a couple of blocks away is the entrance ramp for I-75 north. It's very easy in/easy out and you don't have to deal with all the traffic from the lots along Mehring by the ball park.

We parked for a year in the East Garage and it was really bad for us. We were on the wrong side of the stadium for our seats and the traffic getting out was always bad.

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    We come in from Dayton on I-75 and we sit on the first base side. Thus, the Freedom Center garage is the best for us. We get off at the Freeman exit, take it to Mehring Way and turn left, then turn left where Pete Rose way intersects Mehring. That takes you right into the garage. It's just a couple blocks walk to the yard and we're already on the same side as our seats.

When we leave, we simply drive out on Pete Rose Way and take a right onto Central. Just a couple of blocks away is the entrance ramp for I-75 north. It's very easy in/easy out and you don't have to deal with all the traffic from the lots along Mehring by the ball park.

We parked for a year in the East Garage and it was really bad for us. We were on the wrong side of the stadium for our seats and the traffic getting out was always bad.
    is the east garage only offered to long term season ticket holders?

the last 2 years i have been offered freedom center but not east garage.

Quote Originally Posted by redsgabp View Post
    is the east garage only offered to long term season ticket holders?

the last 2 years i have been offered freedom center but not east garage.
    I'm not sure about that one. We were offered the East Garage again this year and when I called down to try to switch they lady said to go ahead and pay then they would talk to me about a switch. I wrote on the invoice that we'd prefer the Freedom Center garage so we'll see what happens.

They may consider the East Garage a better location (it does seem a little closer to the stadium) but, like I explained before, it's just not good for us at all.

If we get our passes and they are for the East Grage and you get yours for the Freedom Center, maybe we could just swap.

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    I'm not sure about that one. We were offered the East Garage again this year and when I called down to try to switch they lady said to go ahead and pay then they would talk to me about a switch. I wrote on the invoice that we'd prefer the Freedom Center garage so we'll see what happens.

They may consider the East Garage a better location (it does seem a little closer to the stadium) but, like I explained before, it's just not good for us at all.

If we get our passes and they are for the East Grage and you get yours for the Freedom Center, maybe we could just swap.
    I did decide earlier today to go for the freedom center parking.
    I mailed it out today.

had i of not got my tax money back yesterday, i don't think i would had of got the parking pass.

if you dont mind, send me a private message and tell me how much the east garage parking was.

that is something i would consider, if you do get the east garage.

the only leary thing of the east garage is that it's bigger and it seems as if you park on top, you could be there a while waiting to get out.

how many levels does the freedom center garage have?
    Last edited by redsgabp; 02-22-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Turn Off Ads?