Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/U when JR will get hurt?

O/U when JR will get hurt?

What's the over/under for when JR goes down, will it be B4 game 81 or after?

He may start the season on the DL. I just dont have much hope for him this year. He will get his way and be the CF. He probably will come to camp out of shape because of the hand, he'll whine about reporters doubting his ability to play CF. He's a hamstring pull waiting to happen. He will start slow in april. Im just not feeling good about the whole situation. I hope Im wrong. I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

:

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: O/U when JR will get hurt?

I'm not even going to make a guess about something like that. Maybe you should change your way of thinking and put some optimism on your lap. Maybe he will get hurt, maybe he wont...but don't be so pessimistic.

Junior plays 150 games.

I'm not a pc type guy, but let's try and not be an icehole about this subject.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I thought it was a fair question to ask. Isnt this a forum? He has gotten hurt every year he's been here and all Im asking is what game he gets hurt.

karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon......

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    I thought it was a fair question to ask. Isnt this a forum? He has gotten hurt every year he's been here and all Im asking is what game he gets hurt.

Ok...

I know it's a message forum, and of course you can ask whatever you want. I was just trying to put a little optimism in the back of your mind rather than getting into a discussion about something so negative this early. I think you took my comment the wrong way and thought I was being rude. Well, I wasn't, but if want to be so negative then so be it.

Let's say you make a guess when he will get hurt. Now, ask yourself this. Will you be happy if he gets hurt and your guess was correct about the timing?

Whether you took my comments the wrong way or not, I still like to stay optimistic.

125... give or take 10

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    Ok...

I know it's a message forum, and of course you can ask whatever you want. I was just trying to put a little optimism in the back of your mind rather than getting into a discussion about something so negative this early. I think you took my comment the wrong way and thought I was being rude. Well, I wasn't, but if want to be so negative then so be it.

Let's say you make a guess when he will get hurt. Now, ask yourself this. Will you be happy if he gets hurt and your guess was correct about the timing?

Whether you took my comments the wrong way or not, I still like to stay optimistic.

I guess it was a question out of frustration because I feel JR will not move to RF which playing RF IMO will keep him on the field. Im like a fair weather JR fan. I love when he hits game winning HRs, but I get frustrated when he can be so bull-headed about any move up or down in the lineup or the field. I can see his tenure with the Reds ending very ugly like Larkin's.

I'm not sure why a Reds fan would even start a thread like this.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I guess it was a question out of frustration because I feel JR will not move to RF which playing RF IMO will keep him on the field. Im like a fair weather JR fan. I love when he hits game winning HRs, but I get frustrated when he can be so bull-headed about any move up or down in the lineup or the field. I can see his tenure with the Reds ending very ugly like Larkin's.
    When were you around when anyone asked him to move down in the line up or switch positions? What did he say in response to the suggestions?

I dont have any links at this time and I will attempt to find them but it is common knowledge that he doesnt feel he should be moved from center and he would go ballistic if he's moved out of the 3 hole, OK this is where I'll get bashed but I do remember reading about it in the enquirer from the beat writer or from Daugherty.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I dont have any links at this time and I will attempt to find them but it is common knowledge that he doesnt feel he should be moved from center and he would go ballistic if he's moved out of the 3 hole, OK this is where I'll get bashed but I do remember reading about it in the enquirer from the beat writer or from Daugherty.
    Yet everything I have heard is that he is open to the idea of moving out of CF, but I have never read anywhere that he was asked to move from the #3 spot.

Over the past three years, he's tallied 523 ABs outside the #3 slot, including 409 from the clean-up position.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yet everything I have heard is that he is open to the idea of moving out of CF, but I have never read anywhere that he was asked to move from the #3 spot.

In the past, that means years ago not last year. Basically what Im saying is I believe this is going to be to messy or to hot an issue for Narron and he'll be in CF once the season starts and then injured IMO before the all-star break. Eric Davis on the other hand finally relinquished CF to BHatcher and was able to stay healthier and thats all I want from JR... is to stay healthy. Guys if we're all gonna get pissed off about this then I apologize and will crawl back into the woodwork, sorry I brought this up. Mod you can close this subject or delete it.

This is a very fair question. The best predictor of the future is the past. He plays 110 games. Bats .230 35 ribeye stakes 12 homeruns.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Turn Off Ads?