Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OSU/Wisconsin B-ball sunday---are you psyched?

Re: OSU/Wisconsin B-ball sunday---are you psyched?

Yes. After all, Wisconsin just got smacked by a team OSU swept.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am very much looking forward to it. I am hoping the Badgers bring out the best in the Bucketes, from a perspective of sustained intensity and solid decision making. Those are both things the team lacks, as can be somewhat expected with their make-up. For as much complaining as I hear about how the Buckeyes are playing (not speaking about this board, but in general), at the start of the year I said there was no way this year's team woul dmatch last year's record. Now it looks like they should. There is so much room for improvement giventhe current peronnel also. I think it will come down to tempo a shot selection for the BUckeyes. If I were Wisky I'd zone the hweck out of us and dare us to shoot 45%+ from outside the arc for both halves.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I don't want to be negative but, do any of us "really" see Ohio State beating Wisconsin? Still should be a great game to see.
    It's a home game for the Buckeyes. I can see them winning.

By the way, the game is set for a 4:00 tip. I believe it was originally scheduled as a 1:00 tip.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I can't wait for the game on Sunday, in all its high definition goodness.

The Buckeyes haven't impressed me as anything beyond a Sweet 16 team to this point. They just seem to have too much trouble putting teams away like they should; just look at the last two games against Penn State in the last week. When they start getting into the cream of the NCAA crop, I think that will catch up with them. I think that it's a product of their youth more than anything and I'm hoping that the Big 10 tournament will give them that little added experience that they need to get to Atlanta.

If they do happen to make to the final game, that will be one helluva Opening Day. The Reds over the Cubbies in the afternoon then the Bucks that night for the title. Here's hoping!

The column in the Dispatch today was spot on with what I was feeling about Oden needing more touches on offense. I said the same thing that author said at the game last night "Thad should make it a rule that Oden touches the ball every offensive possession before anyone is allowed to shoot it."

Why Thad continues to allow guards to chuck up 3 pointers when Oden has his man sealed against his back hip is amazing to me. Even if Oden immediately gets doubled he has shown the ability to pass out of the double team and find open teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    The column in the Dispatch today was spot on with what I was feeling about Oden needing more touches on offense. I said the same thing that author said at the game last night "Thad should make it a rule that Oden touches the ball every offensive possession before anyone is allowed to shoot it."

Why Thad continues to allow guards to chuck up 3 pointers when Oden has his man sealed against his back hip is amazing to me. Even if Oden immediately gets doubled he has shown the ability to pass out of the double team and find open teammates.
    I tend to agree, but I guess this "free reign" for the outside shots has been his MO for the most part. I'd at least limit Lewis in this regard though. He can get hot sometimes, but that catapult of a shot is not going to be consistent. I think I'd tell Ron he needs to take the ball to the hole at least 3x for every 3 he jacks up.

Interesting lineup for most of the 2nd half against the Lions. I have to imagine Harris and especially Hunter, wil see more floor time vs. Wisky.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I don't want to be negative but, do any of us "really" see Ohio State beating Wisconsin?
    Let's see...OSU lost by three points AT Wisconsin.

MSU exposed Wisconsin.

OSU always seems to play to the caliber of their opponents.

Yes, I "really" see Ohio State beating Wisconsin.

At the same time, I won't be shocked if they lose.

Go Bucks!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I will be watching this game in front of the tube, while also trying to follow the nascar race...I have not been fortunate enough to get tix...but I am pumped...and yes I "really" see the Bucks beating the Badgers...I will however be in the Schott the nite before for OSU vs. Michigan in hockey...so I maybe I can leave some good karma...

I also feel that Greg Oden needs several more offensive touches per game. I mean, his defense alone should earn him the opportunity to touch the ball on the offensive end of the floor. He blocks shots left and right, and if he isn't sending the shot back where it came from then he's altering the shooters' approach to the basket. He has proven that, on the lower block, he is a force to be reckoned with. Even with his left hand, he has been able to make the hook or the turn around shot close to the basket.

With that said, OSU needs to have him and Hunter on the floor at the same time. If they can stay out of foul trouble, having both of them on the floor will create great defensive pressure down low as well as provide great opportunities for rebounding. Don't forget, Hunter can be quite good on offense as well. So, let's give Wisconsin a little trouble down under and pound the ball to to Oden or Hunter.

Conley Jr is going to have to play a well focused game and keep the offense centered around Oden. If the Buckeyes do that, it is my opinion that they can not only win, but for once they can prove that they belong at the top of the rankings.

Another thing to consider about Oden is the amount of attention he is receiving from the NBA. He is already being called the next "great" big man. So, why not make him great right now...and on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    If they do happen to make to the final game, that will be one helluva Opening Day. The Reds over the Cubbies in the afternoon then the Bucks that night for the title. Here's hoping!
    That might be my dream sports day. Actually, there's no MIGHT about it!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    With that said, OSU needs to have him and Hunter on the floor at the same time. If they can stay out of foul trouble, having both of them on the floor will create great defensive pressure down low as well as provide great opportunities for rebounding. Don't forget, Hunter can be quite good on offense as well. So, let's give Wisconsin a little trouble down under and pound the ball to to Oden or Hunter.
    As the driver of the Othello Hunter bandwagon, welcome aboard. I just see so much talent in this guy that I don't know why he doesn't play more minutes. He seems to play good defense, rebound, and his offense is developing. I just can't see why Ivan Harris is still starting over him (and Lewis over Cook as well). My favorite 5 since Big 10 play started would be Butler, Conley, Oden, Hunter, and Cook.

OK I will just accept the young optimist here who have the sight and say go Bucks!!!

I just hope nobody tries to choke Alando like that jerk did to poor Jim Sorgi a few years ago. A very sad commentary on the OSU athletic program. And the Badgers won anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I just hope nobody tries to choke Alando like that jerk did to poor Jim Sorgi a few years ago. A very sad commentary on the OSU athletic program. And the Badgers won anyhow.
    Yeah...let's see how we can work a totally irrelevant-happened years ago-non-related bone-headed statement into this thread.

Yeah, you might want to watch out for the choking thing. That's part of the gameplan.

For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?