Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Season 6, Round of 24: Who's going home first?

American Idol, Season 6, Round of 24: Who's going home first?

Like probably everyone else who watched these past two nights, I was totally unimpressed by the men and very impressed with several of the females. I thought it was telling that Randy Jackson said that if there didn't have to be a 6/6 male-female split on the Final 12, he'd go with eight females and only four males. I agree.

Who's going home early? On the female side, I'm thinking it will come from among Alaina Alexander, Sabrina Sloan, and Nicole Tranquillo. Simon told Antonella Barba that she may have ruined her chance to stick around, and his comment will probably have the opposite effect and will cause people to vote for her. So, I look for her to stick around for another week, at least.

As for the males, I'll go with Nicholas Pedro and Rudy Cardenas.

If you're like me and have trouble remembering which names go with which faces at this point, go here for reference.
    Last edited by macro; 02-22-2007 at 01:05 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: American Idol, Season 6, Round of 24: Who's going home first?

I'd agree with that male/female breakdown. The women were smokin' hot last night while the guys were very underwhelming the night before. The women have the potential to have 4-5 in the final 6. But I do think some of the guys have potential to get better.

I see Alaina Alexander, Antonella Barba, and Leslie Hunt as on the bubble.

For the guys, take your pick beween Nicholas Pedro, Paul Kim, Rudy Cardenas, Sanjaya Malakar, Sundance Head, AJ Tabaldo, and Brandon Rogers.

Ryan Seacrest is being an extra-special twit this year.

My pick for the winner will come from Jordin Sparks, Lakisha Jones, and Melinda Doolittle. The dark horses are the guys of Phil Stacey or Blake Lewis. But they need to get it going fast.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Not too many are impressive, so I'll post my current favorites...

Guys: Phil Stacey, Blake Lewis and Sundance (he's got to improve, but I like him)
    Girls: Jordin Sparks, Sabrina Sloan and Lakisha Jones

Hopefully a lot of them pick it up next week.

Tonight's cuts: Rudy, Sundance, Antonella, Amy

Rudy wasn't good at all, and Sundance hasn't put together a really good performance in weeks. Antonella is the easy cut among the girls, and Amy was dull and forgettable so she's gone.

The ONLY guy that has any shot whatsoever of winning this contest is Phil Stacey, in my opinion. The rest of them, as has been noted, are just horrible.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Sanjaya should be going home. Just terrible.

I think from the guys that Rudy and Sanjaya are leaving, and from the girls it's Amy and Leslie. I was most impressed with Blake's voice, i never knew he had quite that much talent in him. I was just used to hearing him beat box. As for the women, i agree with Randy that they are the ones to beat. LaKisha just hit it out of the park with her performance and Melinda has an awesome voice and she also seems very humble as well.

Going home: Sanjaya and Paul Kim. Antonella and Amy.

My favorites:

Guys: Phil Stacey and ?? / Who's the guy that sang the Keene song. That was great.

Girls: Jordin Sparks and Lakesha Jones.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Paul Kim- now that was a lousy performance. It sounded exactly like what I thought it would going in. I was cringing.

Yeah, and the dude needs to put some shoes on.

Lakisha Jones is going to win it all.

With that being said, I am now retiring from this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Ryan Seacrest is being an extra-special twit this year.
    Seacrest has been a complete jerk thus far. Annouce the people, do your mini-interviews and say the phone numbers Ryan. Then move along. I guess he's decided it's his job to bust Simon's nuts. Seems to me you wouldn't want to mess with one of the executive producers when your claim to faim is nice hair and replacing Rick Dees.

The men have generally sucked thus far. Was it Blake who sang the "keene" song that the judges seemed to like? He was ok, I guess.

The girl from NJ who sang, "I don't want to miss a thing" (Antonella?) was horrible as was Leslie Hunt and Amy Krebs. Malenda Doolittle was freeking amazing and Sabrina (she was the one who sang "I never loved a man the way I love you???) was impressive also. Jordin Sparks was pretty good.

I agree that generally the men suck and the women are better, although there are some duds with the women-folk also.

on the chick side, antonella's gotta go...and you know her "best" friend loves the fact that she'll be off the air soon, don't ya
    nicole was aweful as well, but part of me really wants gina to be booted off since she "thinks" she hit that note...she hit something, but it certainly wasn't the right note

the two worse dudes were paul (don't i have pretty feet) kim and sundance (i look like meatloaf) head...

blake and chris are dreamy: , but lakisha, stephanie and sabrina were the best singers...

Paul Kim is out. Carless Whisper didn't quite cut the mustard. Neither did his feet.

And now.....the song of shame.

Would it be totally lame to use the chat room for a live "chat durring idol session"? (good God...I used to be so cool. What happened?) I'll be in there if anybody cares to join me
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 02-22-2007 at 08:22 PM.

There are a few really good girls, but top to bottom this is by far the worst collection of talent they've had on the show. This week was the first time I watched this year and I couldn't believe how bad the talent was, with a few exceptions.

And this is following what I believe was by far the most talent they had ever had on the show last season. They really had some good singers last season.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?