Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who are the sleepers/rookies to make an impact

Who are the sleepers/rookies to make an impact

Alright my fantasy baseball draft is only two weeks away and I wanted to get some input as to who you think may be on the verge of a breakout season, be it rookies or some of the younger studs who got a taste in the majors last year. The guy I'm targeting for later in the draft is Matt Garza with the Twins. I thought last year would be a breakout year for Dan Haren with the A's but still hold out hope that he could be an 18-20 game winner. Others I would hope you could snag a little later in the draft may be Johnson, Olsen, or Sanchez with the Marlins SP rotation, the only question is what kind of run support will they see. I've got some cha ching riding on this league and respect many of your opinions so any advice is appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who are the sleepers/rookies to make an impact

I'd stay away from Johnson and Sanchez until late...they have arm problems. Olsen should be solid.

Garza is a nice choice late and Haren should be very solid this year.

Bargain guys I like are Rich Hill, Boof Bonser, Tom Gorzelanny, Zach Duke (comeback candidate), Jonathan Broxton (Saito will be setting him up by May), Corey Hart, Willy Taveras (might be a bargain), EdE (another possible bargain), JJ Hardy, Khalil Greene, Chris Burke, Placido Polanco (I always end up with him), Dan Johnson and James Loney (if he gets the time).

Adam Wainwright could be a good pick up if you are in a league that is thin available pitchers. He was a bullpen pitcher last year and I think hes supposed to be a starter this year.

If you are looking for an impact rookie I'd draft Alex Gordon (3B/Kansas City) in a heartbeat. The guy is the real deal. I snagged him in like round 14 of a 10 team draft.

I like guys who are a couple years past the hype. Zack Duke is my choice as a pitcher who makes a Harang like step forward in 2007. He won't lead the league in K's though.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I'd stay away from Johnson and Sanchez until late...they have arm problems. Olsen should be solid.

Garza is a nice choice late and Haren should be very solid this year.

Bargain guys I like are Rich Hill, Boof Bonser, Tom Gorzelanny, Zach Duke (comeback candidate), Jonathan Broxton (Saito will be setting him up by May), Corey Hart, Willy Taveras (might be a bargain), EdE (another possible bargain), JJ Hardy, Khalil Greene, Chris Burke, Placido Polanco (I always end up with him), Dan Johnson and James Loney (if he gets the time).
    Couldn't agree more.

I'd also like to add these people...

Aaron Hill
    David DeJesus
    Brad Halsey
    John Maine
    Jeremy Hermida (Comeback after a injury plauged year)
    Brandon Inge (I dont know why I add him but I keep thinking he's going to put it together batting wise soon.)
    Troy Tulowitzki

And thats pretty much all I can name.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?