Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Your All-Time Top 10 Favorite Albums

Re: Your All-Time Top 10 Favorite Albums

Pearl Jam- Vitalogy -Just everything perfect for me. Youth.
    Rolling Stones- Let it Bleed
    Ryan Adams- Love is hell
    Pinback- Blue Screen Life
    ODB- Return to the 36 chambers
    Josh Rouse- 1972
    George Harrison- All things must pass
    Elliot Smith- XO
    Beck- Sea Change
    RHCP- BSSM
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pavement - Wowee Zowee
    Neutral Milk Hotel - On Avery Island
    The Gerbils - Are You Sleepy? (if you're an Elephant 6 fan, this is the most overlooked album in the entire E6 canon)
    My Morning Jacket - Okonokos (for those of you discussing live albums, this is the best I've ever heard. Saw them at the Crystal Ballroom a month ago, and possibly the best live show I've ever witnessed)
    Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
    Guided By Voices - Alien Lanes (the pinnacle of GBV)
    Lou Reed - Transformer
    The Velvet Underground - White Light, White Heat
    Mercury Rev - The Secret Migration
    Califone - Roomsound

..and some current favorites Clinic - Internal Wrangler or Visitations and The Black Angels - Passover

(for those of you discussing live albums, this is the best I've ever heard. Saw them at the Crystal Ballroom a month ago, and possibly the best live show I've ever witnessed)
    That place would be so nice without the freaky drinking area. As it is it's a hit or miss based on the ticket sales and night of the week.

WOY, when's the last time you've been to the Crystal Ballroom? I've only been here since July, but all the shows I've been to, save one small show, the entire floor has been divided by two rows of baricades with bouncers in between. This is the demarcation between the drinking and non-drinking audience. It makes for an odd atmosphere to say the least.

The only thing I can think of when you refer to the "freaky drinking area" would be Lola's Room, which is a smaller venue in the bowels of building.

All in all, it's a great place to see the big acts come through town, but I personally prefer the Towne Lounge for live music.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    WOY, when's the last time you've been to the Crystal Ballroom? I've only been here since July, but all the shows I've been to, save one small show, the entire floor has been divided by two rows of baricades with bouncers in between. This is the demarcation between the drinking and non-drinking audience. It makes for an odd atmosphere to say the least.

The only thing I can think of when you refer to the "freaky drinking area" would be Lola's Room, which is a smaller venue in the bowels of building.

All in all, it's a great place to see the big acts come through town, but I personally prefer the Towne Lounge for live music.
    Last time I went was there was The Hold Steady at Lola's which I agree is a weird venue.... but I've been to the Crystal a lot over the past 5 years, if it's not oversold it can be ok, but the drinking barrier is what the problem is, I think I went to one show thee with an above 21 crowd and no barrier, it's really a Jeckel and Hyde space, it has the atmosphere and the promise, plus the sound quality but it's managed like a Junior High School dance.. just sub standard... but I'm spoiled I spent the majority of my life at Bill Graham events and they put on the best shows with the most logical amenities and smartest staff.

Turn Off Ads?