Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Turn Ahead the clock uniforms, Current uniforms

WHOOOOOO!

Turn Ahead the clock uniforms, Current uniforms

I am a devoted reader of the ESPN Uni-watch blog and in the discussion of the "turn ahead the clock uniforms" there was a Sports Center clip that detailed the unis and it listed the teams that did not have one. I seem to recall that we never did, but we were not mentioned as being one of the teams that refused this terrible idea. This got me to thinking about the current uniforms and if we had ever been duped into the promotion.

My questions are: Did we have one? and Are we in support of the new uni combos?
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Turn Ahead the clock uniforms, Current uniforms

I thought it was a great idea, but the uniform designs were fairly ridiculous. The Royals combined gold with their regular blue and ended up looking like fast food employees.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I thought it was a great idea, but the uniform designs were fairly ridiculous. The Royals combined gold with their regular blue and ended up looking like fast food employees.
    I'm sure many on their current roster share a similar skillset with that profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I'm sure many on their current roster share a similar skillset with that profession.
    Well, they already look like fast food employees when they're playing. Those unis made them look that way off the field, too.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 02-26-2007 at 09:58 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I remeber the "Mercury" Mets looked pretty cheesy, and the Rockies, who look bad enough in purple and black, looked even worse with cutoff sleeves and an oversized logo.

You can see some of the awfulness of those creations here.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Yuk.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

The Brewers definitely need to feature that beer-barrel man on their current unis. You can't have a team named "Brewers" and not acknowledge the beer connection.

The Brewers definitely need to feature that beer-barrel man on their current unis. You can't have a team named "Brewers" and not acknowledge the beer connection.
    Ummm....

Let's face it. The Brewers just haven't been the same since Bernie Brewer was forced to give up his slide from the beer barrel chalet into the giant beer mug. They could always bring back Bonnie Brewer while they're at it.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Ummm....

Having a grain of wheat in your logo or a beer company sponsor your stadium is a mere tip-o-the-hat when your franchise is named after people who brew alcoholic beverages. That would be like the Red Sox removing the socks from their logo and replacing them with a spool of red thread.

Yachtzee called it -- the Brewers just aren't the same without Bernie Brewer sliding into a giant beer mug.

Turn Off Ads?