Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Original Wendy's restaurant to close.....

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Original Wendy's restaurant to close.....

this is for all you Wendy's old fashioned hamburger fans out there...apparently the original restaurant Dave Thomas opened on the east side of downtown Columbus will close next Friday 3/2......"Wheres the Beef?"...goodbye to a Columbus landmark...
    Last edited by redsfan1966; 02-23-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: addition to post

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Original Wendy's restaurant to close.....

I've been to that Wendy's before when I was on a field trip to Columbus in elementary school.

Any details as to why it is closing?

I am pretty sure (though I must admit I didnt hear it) it is because it just is underperforming....all of Downtown Columbus is in a lull...City Center --the downtown mall is on life support and there have been quite a few other restaurant closings lately

Back when COSI used to be across the street, we'd always go over to that Wendy's for lunch. That's too bad to hear. I might have to make a trip over there this week for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Back when COSI used to be across the street, we'd always go over to that Wendy's for lunch. That's too bad to hear. I might have to make a trip over there this week for lunch.
    It must have been on one of our field trips to COSI that I went there. I knew it was for something to do with school and we went to COSI about every other year.

Wendy's and COSI would make sense...being they were just across the street from each other...i miss the old COSI more and more...when you consider what a monstrosity the new COSI is...

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    I think everyone did that lol because that was like a post-Cosi tradition for me too.

As a former resident of Columbus that makes me very sad.

I wonder if they still had the old-style table tops there, with the turn-of-the-century Sears Roebuck-like catalog ads.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Wow... I can't believe that! I live in Columbus now, and I park right in front of that Wendy's every Sunday when I go to church. I've never been in it, but I have to make sure I go there before the history is gone...

Turn Off Ads?