Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random thoughts

Haunted by walks

Random thoughts

The trouble with this part of spring training is that for every hitter on your team who sends one over the equipment shed, there's a pitcher on your team who gave up one over the equipment shed.

Cincinnati treats Griffey the way New York treated DiMaggio and Boston treated Williams.

Josh Hamilton is not the next Darryl Strawberry. (Fingers crossed.)

Don't count on Homer Bailey before he's hatched.

Actually, Cincinnati treats Griffey the way New York treats everybody: DiMaggio, Jackson, Winfield, A-Rod ...

This is the time of the year when every team has a chance to talk like every team has a chance.

Someday you'll tell your grandkids about how you used to watch baseball games for free on this box they called a television.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Someday you'll tell your grandkids about how you used to watch baseball games for free on this box they called a television.
    Reds have "free" games on TV what - once or twice per year (Fox Saturday games?)

That part of your statement might already be a piece of the past.

Good stuff, as usual.

Man Pills

I'd love it if Josh Hamilton actually hit as well as Strawberry at the MLB level. What he does on his own time is his business.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'd love it if Josh Hamilton actually hit as well as Strawberry at the MLB level. What he does on his own time is his business.
    No, what he does on his own time is the Reds business to, since they've invested Rule 5 draft money on him and bad actions off the field will cost the Reds that investment if he's suspended.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    No, what he does on his own time is the Reds business to, since they've invested Rule 5 draft money on him and bad actions off the field will cost the Reds that investment if he's suspended.
    It cost us 50K?

We've wasted much more than that on Tony Womack, D'Angelo Jimenez, Eric Milton, Danny Graves, Jimmy Haynes, Jason LaRue, Sean Casey, and now seemingly Ken Griffey Jr.

At worst, Josh Hamilton cost us Brendan Harris and some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I would be shocked if Hamilton hits as many HR's in MLB career as Strawberry in an average season.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

At worst, Josh Hamilton cost us Brendan Harris and some cash.
    Hey now, Pile-O-Cash was a Reds fav a few years ago, no need to throw him under the bus
    Go Gators!

While on the subject of Hamilton, I have read reports of him supposedly being a super talent.
    My question is what kind of hitter can we expect him to be ?
    Is he the type of hitter who could go for .260 avg 40 hrs or more of .300 avg 25 hrs 30 sb's ?
    I know "not now" but just wondering what type of hitter he projects to be ?

Turn Off Ads?