Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spouse Annoying Habits

Spouse Annoying Habits

Either husband or wife. Vent it people! And pray your spouse never reads this forum.

My wife and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary this June. And I don't know what I'd do, or imagine my life, without her (and the kids). I wouldn't have it any other way.

But every spouse puts up with habits or quirks. I certainly know my wife does. Like having to drive me to the ER every once in awhile, knowing first aid - like putting direct pressure on a wound, CPR, "roll Daddy around till the flames go out".

So what are some of yours?

My wife is.....

- a clean freak. In fact, she doesn't clean, she STERILIZES! She could have cleaned Chernobyl up in about 2 days and never left a trace of a radioactive germ. And with three teenagers she's beating her head against the wall a lot. Since we both work, Saturday is "cleaning day". The kids dread it. The woman turns into a Marine drill Sgt. Me? I run and hide! I tell the kids it's every man for himself. And since she's your Mom (not mine) do what she says.

- a fanatic about her oral hygiene. The woman has more dental tools in our bathroom then I have out in the garage. And whether we're sitting in the bed or out in the living room watching TV, she's always flossing.

- laundry has to be folded and stored a certain way. Towels and wash clothes have to be tri-folded, and when placed in the linen closets they all must be stacked and facing in the same direction. I remember when we use to have to do that in boot camp.

- Takes forever in the bathroom. Me? I came from a military background where they gave you 15 minutes to "sh**, shower, and shave".

And to those ladies that do your nails - what's with that nail polish remover that smells/stinks up the house so bad? Gives me one terrible headache. Have you built up some sort of tolerance to it or something?
    Last edited by GAC; 02-25-2007 at 05:23 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Spouse Annoying Habits

Treating the van like a closet.
    Laundry- washes, dries, folds, then leaves it in the laundry basket. When I do the laundry I put everything away where it belongs.
    Dishes- like laundry- seems to think the dishes she washes by hand belong in the sink. I dry them and put them back where they belong.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Expects me to read her mind. I have never been much good at that, although I am better than I used to be. 20 years definitely helps in that area.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

GAC - I'm with you on the "forever bathroom". I would add that she is always in there when there is a phone call - for her!
    (And you can't say "she's taking a dump...she'll call you back later').

The nail thing, also. But she knows how much that bothers me, so she'll do her nails when I'm not around.

Other annoying things"

Sleeping in on the weekends. I'm usually raring to go at 7:30 am the latest (in more ways than one).
    She'll linger in bed until midday if given the chance.

My wife will always be the LAST one out to the car when we go out as a couple or a family. She will not wait for me or someone else to get ready.
    If someone's not ready, she'll find something else to do to make sure we all wait for her. (We are often late for this reason).

My wife has no sense of time or how long things take. So she (or we) end up late sometimes (which I hate). The people who arrive when they're shutting down a certain attraction - that's us.

This is all minor stuff. The good outweighs the bad by a TON. We'll be celebrating our 20th this year.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    - a fanatic about her oral hygiene. The woman has more dental tools in our bathroom then I have out in the garage. And whether we're sitting in the bed or out in the living room watching TV, she's always flossing.
    She's probably nice to kiss
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Either husband or wife. Vent it people! And pray your spouse never reads this forum.

My wife and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary this June. And I don't know what I'd do, or imagine my life, without her (and the kids). I wouldn't have it any other way.

But every spouse puts up with habits or quirks. I certainly know my wife does. Like having to drive me to the ER every once in awhile, knowing first aid - like putting direct pressure on a wound, CPR, "roll Daddy around till the flames go out".

So what are some of yours?

My wife is.....

- a clean freak. In fact, she doesn't clean, she STERILIZES! She could have cleaned Chernobyl up in about 2 days and never left a trace of a radioactive germ. And with three teenagers she's beating her head against the wall a lot. Since we both work, Saturday is "cleaning day". The kids dread it. The woman turns into a Marine drill Sgt. Me? I run and hide! I tell the kids it's every man for himself. And since she's your Mom (not mine) do what she says.

- laundry has to be folded and stored a certain way. Towels and wash clothes have to be tri-folded, and when placed in the linen closets they all must be stacked and facing in the same direction. I remember when we use to have to do that in boot camp.

- Takes forever in the bathroom. Me? I came from a military background where they gave you 15 minutes to "sh**, shower, and shave".

And to those ladies that do your nails - what's with that nail polish remover that smells/stinks up the house so bad? Gives me one terrible headache. Have you built up some sort of tolerance to it or something?
    Your wife sounds like a younger version of my Mom. The good news? She'll grow out of it (well sort of)... The bad news? It'll take 35 years and the kids out of the house to do it! (BTW, my parents will celebrate 49 years together August 21st )
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Your wife sounds like a younger version of my Mom. The good news? She'll grow out of it (well sort of)
    We're in our early 50's. How much more "growing out of it" does the woman need??

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Expects me to read her mind. I have never been much good at that, although I am better than I used to be. 20 years definitely helps in that area.
    What? You're not a mind reader Randy? Shame on you.

I think my wife purposely talks in a low voice when addressing me, and then says "Did you hear what I said?"

The woman has the eyesight of an eagle. We'll all be sitting around in the living room and she'll exclaim "What's that over there on the floor?" The kids and I will be be staring and looking, but don't see a thing. Wife - "What? Are you all blind?" She'll get up, walk over to that area of the floor and pick up a piece of lint smaller then an ant turd.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-25-2007 at 07:31 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I can't say. My son's on the board and he might rat me out.

We did celebrate 25 years in October though - I'm up with you folks (my folks just celebrated 57 this month and my in-laws have been married 61).

BTW, my list of hers would be significantly shorter than her lists of mine (and her's would be legitimate).

I'll preface this by saying I love my wife. She's the best.

Now here's the annoying thing about her: She's always running late for stuff because she always thinks she has time to squeeze one more thing in before she leaves. Doesn't matter how much earlier she starts getting ready...she'll always be running late because she can't not stop adding things to her "to do" list. Even if she got ready early, she's not one who could just sit around and wait until it's time to go...she'd have to add another thing, thus ending up running late...again.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I love my wife, but a car is not a drivable purse.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

"Love is never having to say you're sorry"........

for breaking the garbage disposal because I didn't see that spoon in there, washing her underwear with your jeans, falling out of a tree, not putting the lid down, forgetting to put gas in her van, and a huge host of other idiosyncrasies that make me ME.

Sprawling out in bed, pushing me to one side because she likes "the middle". It's time to move to a King.

He doesn't like sports.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    He doesn't like sports.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Mrs. Ltlabner is pretty good in that the few things she does that bug me are mostly my idocryacies rather than her doing something "legitamatley" irritating.

That said, being punctual is hard for her. It doesn't help that I consider 10 minutes early to be ontime while she consider ontime to be within 30 minutes after the designated time of arrival. It drives me bonkers!

In the early years I tried all of the tricks to try to help her be on time. But none of them worked. Once I started calmly saying, "I'm leaving at XYZ time, if you want to ride with me great, if not I'll see you there" she started getting serrious about being on time.

Slowly she's gotten better. Most times I just get ready, wait for her and if she isn't ready I go out and start the car to warm it up. After a minute or so she usually comes scurrying outside.

The only time this plan goes haywire if the appointment is very important and I express exactly what time I'd like to leave and that it's important we are on time. Then she seems to go into slow gear and pushes walking out the door to the last possible second.

Turn Off Ads?