Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spouse Annoying Habits

Re: Spouse Annoying Habits

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    So, things ALWAYS have to be settled your way (which I assume you mean is w/ reason and logic)? Seems a little unreasonable.
    I don't know about Minus5, but I almost always open to whatever Mrs. Ltlabner has on her mind, whether it be a request, a fealing or she's downright pissed off at me. More often than not, I'm more than willing to do what she'd like, or at least negotiate a settlement or she has brough up something I had forgotten/not thought about.

But she has to tell me what it is she wants/is fealing. For example, if she's irritated because she'd like the lightswitch fixed don't get pissy about where we go to dinner. Also, don't go over to the lightswitch and flip it on and off and get huffy when it doesn't work. Just have the respect to tell me, "hey, I'm irritated that the light switch is broken for the past month. Could you fix it please?". That's all I'm asking. If it's not important enough for her to have the thought, formulate the sentance and verbalize it, it's not important enough for me to try to decipher what she would like to have happen.

And again, this all applies to the run-of-the-mill mundane thoughts/issues. If she's emotionally upset over some major issue she has all the time in the world to figure out what she's feeling, express it when she's ready and I'll do my best to be sensitive and compassionate. And I'll go out of my way to anticipate her needs/feelings and try to "be there for her".

2. Turn Off Ads?

Standard disclaimer:
    I'm lucky, having found someone who is not only smarter than me, but who is also possibly the most tolerant and patient person in the world. And she's extremely "low maintenance", a real down to earth person who doesn't really care that I love sports, that I'm a lazy clown and that I'm swimming at the shallow end of the gene pool. In the game of marriage, I came out the clear winner.

Me: "Hun, do you have my keys?"
    Wifey: "Yeah, they're in my purse."
    Pause.....

Me: "Could you tell me where your purse is?"

This happens about five times a week. I don't know where she keeps her purse. Sometimes it's in a closet, other times it's in the garage in the van (along with the kids coats, about thirty books, and whatever else she happens to have left in there). I don't know, but how did "They're in my purse", become an adequate answer to this question? She usually says, "You asked if I had them, not where they were."
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I don't know about Minus5, but I almost always open to whatever Mrs. Ltlabner has on her mind, whether it be a request, a fealing or she's downright pissed off at me. More often than not, I'm more than willing to do what she'd like, or at least negotiate a settlement or she has brough up something I had forgotten/not thought about.

But she has to tell me what it is she wants/is fealing. For example, if she's irritated because she'd like the lightswitch fixed don't get pissy about where we go to dinner. Also, don't go over to the lightswitch and flip it on and off and get huffy when it doesn't work. Just have the respect to tell me, "hey, I'm irritated that the light switch is broken for the past month. Could you fix it please?". That's all I'm asking. If it's not important enough for her to have the thought, formulate the sentance and verbalize it, it's not important enough for me to try to decipher what she would like to have happen.

And again, this all applies to the run-of-the-mill mundane thoughts/issues. If she's emotionally upset over some major issue she has all the time in the world to figure out what she's feeling, express it when she's ready and I'll do my best to be sensitive and compassionate. And I'll go out of my way to anticipate her needs/feelings and try to "be there for her".
    I totally agree with this. I am always ready willing and able. BUT she has to be able to tell me what it wrong, I am not playing guessing games. It has nothing to do with getting my way, it has everything to do with getting the issue out in the open and getting the issue taken care of. I'm not a cold, callous persont that just wanst things my way, far from it. My wife would be the first to admit this.
    Last edited by minus5; 02-26-2007 at 11:17 AM.

My wife likes to keep the countertops clean and free of clutter. She piles things on the floor instead -- she's got about two dozen books stacked up beside her nightstand, and a bunch of junk piled around the entertainment center.

My wife is impatient when it comes to little household tasks. When she decides it's time to wash dishes, the dishes get washed, even if you're in the middle of cooking. Set a knife down on the counter for a second, and it will be scrubbed and placed in the dishwasher before you can grab it to chop the next onion. I have to make her leave the kitchen when I'm cooking.

Worst of all, my wife likes the Cleveland Browns.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post

Worst of all, my wife likes the Cleveland Browns.
    I feel sorry for HER.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Mrs. RT: Would you please <insert name of typical household chore here>?
    RT: Sure, no problem.

...RT then embarks upon and completes the chore in question...

RT: OK, it's done.
    Mrs. RT: Oh, you didn't <insert useless trivial detail here> and you forgot to <insert second useless trivial detail here>. Also, when you're done, you need to remember to <insert ridiculously mundane and easily forgotten activity here>.
    RT: <sigh>
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

The lightswitch - I'm guessing she'd already mentioned it multiple times, or there are other projects that had been ignored too.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

.... Along with Randy's "read her mind", she expects for me to be able to hear what she is thinking about. I always have to stop and try to figure out the context of some seemingly random comment because she never establishes it.

Boy howdy! My wife does this all the time. I've kind of made a game out of trying to figure out what the hell she's talking about instead of asking her.

The other thing that's already been mentioned a few times is that she has absolutely no concept of time. None.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Actually, what annoys me is when my wife forgets to put on her June Cleaver-esque pearls when fetching me my pre-dinner drink.

The fact that she is trying to keep the 12 children quiet so I can relax after a hard days work is immaterial.

Plus sometimes she forgets my slippers along with that drink.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

(1) When I come home she doesn't have dinner on the table.
    (2) She is a horrible cook. How can't you know how to butterfly a pork tenderloin!
    (3) She passes gas constantly. I'm afraid to light candles in my house because of the methane buildup.
    (4) It takes her two hours to sew my buttons back onto my shirts when they pop off. Come on, I need that crap done ASAP.
    (5) She takes a shower in the morning and one at night. I'm the one who works and pays the frakin water bills!
    (6) She throws out the newspaper before I get to read it sometimes.
    (7) She complains when I tell her to run my back and shoulders.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

My wife is a Yankees fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    (2) She is a horrible cook. How can't you know how to butterfly a pork tenderloin!
    (3) She passes gas constantly. I'm afraid to light candles in my house because of the methane buildup.
    (4) It takes her two hours to sew my buttons back onto my shirts when they pop off. Come on, I need that crap done ASAP.
    (5) She takes a shower in the morning and one at night. I'm the one who works and pays the frakin water bills!
    Put another log on the fire.
    Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
    And go out to the car and change the tire.
    Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
    Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe,
    And then go fetch my slippers.
    And boil me up another pot of tea.
    Then put another log on the fire, babe,
    And come and tell me why you're leaving me.

Now don't I let you wash the car on Sunday?
    Don't I warn you when you're gettin fat?
    Ain't I a-gonna take you fishin' with me someday?
    Well, a man can't love a woman more than that.
    Ain't I always nice to your kid sister?
    Don't I take her driving every night?
    So, sit here at my feet 'cos I like you when you're sweet,
    And you know it ain't feminine to fight.

So, put another log on the fire.
    Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
    Go out to the car and lift it up and change the tire.
    Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
    Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe,
    And then go fetch my slippers.
    And boil me up another pot of tea.
    Then put another log on the fire, babe,
    And come and tell me why you're leaving me.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    And yet, you stick around for this?
    Wimp.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

My wife is a Cubs fan...and won't get in the kitchen and make me a turkey pot pie.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Actually, what annoys me is when my wife forgets to put on her June Cleaver-esque pearls when fetching me my pre-dinner drink.

The fact that she is trying to keep the 12 children quiet so I can relax after a hard days work is immaterial.

Plus sometimes she forgets my slippers along with that drink.
    Mr. vp never brings home the proper kind of game requested. I want quail, he brings home turkey. I want pig, he brings home elk. Excuse me, have you ever heard of elk bacon for breakfast? Noooo, you haven't.

He doesn't give the chilluns the proper amount of belt lashings when they misbehave.

And, of course, he doesn't make enough money. Ever. Best-paying 16-hour-a-day factory job in the county, my butt. I need my gemstones, beyotch.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?