Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Street & Smith reds' predictions...

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Street & Smith reds' predictions...

Highlight of the mag...

Reds 5th in Central behind evryone but the Pirates

Harang's line
    15-9 3.81 171K
    -If he would have been pitching in a pennat race last year he would have received Cy Young consideration

Arroyo's
    12-8 3.81 148k

Dunn
    .242 36 HR 91 RBI 5SB
    -Comment on his inabilty to keep from striking out

Weathers
    3-4 4.01 21K
    -Said Weathers will probably start at closer but should be a set-up man while Coffey was judged too soon.

Ross
    .247 23HR 64RBI
    -He needs to prove that last season's drought was not due to over exposure

Javier Valentin
    .273 10HR 36RBI

Phillips
    .256 12HR 52RBI 17SB

Gonzalez
    .240 15HR 58RBI 1SB
    -Known for the most part for his glovework and stated his 100+K in the last 5 seasons he had 500+ PA

Encarnacion
    .282 20HR 84RBI 10SB
    They also trash his defensive capabilities but go on to say he has the capability to become a perenial allstar

If a starter is not listed with a projected 2007 campaign then he is not considered to be in the top 30 of his posistion.

Our Top 10 prospects 1-10
    1 Homer Bailey
    2 Jay Bruce
    3 Joey Votto
    4 Drew Stubbs
    5 Travis Wood
    6 Johnny Cueto
    7 Paul Janish
    8 Sean Watson
    9 Chris Valaika
    10 Josh Hamilton

They also gave a brief description of each prospect

Lineup
    RF Freel
    1B Hatteburg
    LF Dunn
    CF Griffey Jr
    3B Encarnacion
    C Ross
    2B Phillips
    SS Gonzalez

Rotation
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Milton
    Lohse
    Ramirez

Bullpen
    Weathers
    Coffey
    Belisle
    Cormier
    Bray
    Majewski
    Stanton

Our top 3 SS of all time
    Larkin
    Concepcion
    McMillan

That would be a quick summary of the article
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 02-25-2007 at 06:34 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Street & Smith reds' predictions...

Apparently, according to Street and Smith, we either never got Saarloos, or he will be sent to the minors.

redsgabp

dunn with only 26 hr?

get f'in real street and smith

Quote Originally Posted by redsgabp View Post
    dunn with only 26 hr?

get f'in real street and smith
    sorry it said 36...typo I'll correct

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    sorry it said 36...typo I'll correct
    oh, ok.

lol

thats a little bit better, but i think he will get to a good 40+ hr this year.

I don't worry about predictions. They are all a bunch of bunk. If you could live by predictions, there would be no need to play the games.

Senor Votto

Werent the Reds predicted to come in last place last year?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Apparently, according to Street and Smith, we either never got Saarloos, or he will be sent to the minors.
    They usually write these things way too early.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The Reds were picked by most of the so called experts to finish last in 06. The so called experts don't always get it right!

Personally I think the Reds will be better once again than the experts think. Our pitching will be much better than people think because Krivs really has added some depth here. I just can't see how the Cubs, Astros, Pirates, and Cards are that mch better than us. Now the Brewers....they scare me.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Those articles are sweet. How convenient that Arroyo and Harang are predicted to have the exact same ERA down to the hundredth decimal place. Those must be pretty scientific predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Those articles are sweet. How convenient that Arroyo and Harang are predicted to have the exact same ERA down to the hundredth decimal place. Those must be pretty scientific predictions.
    lol no kidding. There really is no method to the maddness. My roomate picked up the mag when he went to the local Food Lion and I thumbed through. I hate with a passion all washington Nationals fans and there unrealistic optimism for the 2009 season...

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!"
    That gets my award for best quote of all time.

I hate with a passion all washington Nationals fans and there unrealistic optimism for the 2009 season
    So the organization with arguably the worst farm system in baseball is excited about the 2009 season? Politics must be slow or something.

Yeah, in my predictions I had Harang and Arroyo both finishing the season with a 1.92 ERA and each had over 200 Strike outs!

"Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

So the organization with arguably the worst farm system in baseball is excited about the 2009 season? Politics must be slow or something.

That is all I hear about from my roomate. Also it was suppose to be something of a joke about our board...nm

but yeah he is constantly talking about how bowden is a genius especially for the trade. I'm usually fairly quick to bring up soriano and he quickly drops the issue though

Spring is a great time of year

Turn Off Ads?